Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's officially time to panic- 94 days under contract & counting

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: It's officially time to panic- 94 days under contract & counting

@ezdriver wrote:

You can only influence what you can control. If the seller wants to continue working with you to close on the sale then they will ... you can't make them sell once the times to close has expired. Are you being represented by an attorney? Being represented by a Realtor is not enough unless the its an experienced buyer

I don't think so unless the title attorney counts. This may be something to consider as July 31st creeps closer.

Message 11 of 16
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@ezdriver wrote:

You can only influence what you can control. If the seller wants to continue working with you to close on the sale then they will ... you can't make them sell once the times to close has expired. Are you being represented by an attorney? Being represented by a Realtor is not enough unless the its an experienced buyer

I don't think so unless the title attorney counts. This may be something to consider as July 31st creeps closer.

An attorney is much more effective in convincing a seller [especially if the seller is also represented by an attorney] to grant a reasonable extension than most Realtors. I would never fail to have an attorney represent me in any real estate purchase and I have bought 11 homes so far and have been a Realtor for many years. It is best to discuss extensions before the current time to act expires. Delays in mortgage financing are a common occurance. Most seller and buyers have to suck it up and deal with that reality. Sounds to me like the seller is in more of a bind that you being the buyer.You are not responsible for any issues related to the seller's new home purchase. The seller should have had a backup plan from the getgo as dels have been known to die. All the best.

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear this.  True, we do live well over here.  August is not that far away.  Everyone calm down, think and all will be fine.  Smiley Wink  Good luck and congrats on your new home!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

EESH. just EESH.

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

EESH. just EESH.

I know, RIGHT?! It's 101°F in our apartment with the heat index. So ready to move.

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well if it makes ya feel better im not officially moved until next week (work issues keeping me in the old place a bit) and my roommates A/C died yesterday. Its about 95 here too. I do have a lovely room a/c unit, but even running to the bathroom i feel heat stroke comin on Smiley Sad

oh and 1 of my jobs is outside. So i feel your pain. 

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.