Regular Contributor

January 2014 Closers

Home Location: Tenino, WA
Purchase Price: $226, 000
Property: SFH - 1905 sq ft
Submitted Offer on: November 30, 2013
Signed Contract on : December 3, 2013
Lender Name: Axia
Notes about Lender: Quick responses, very easy to work with, process has been pretty simple so far
Type of Loan: VA 30 Yr Fixed
Inspection: December 10, 2013
Loan Rate: 4.5
Loan Application submitted: December 11, 2013
Repairs requested: December 11, 2013
Processing:
Appraisal Ordered:   Pending repairs
Appraisal Completed:
Underwriting:  
Loan Approved w/conditions:   
Final Approval:  
Closing Date:   January 10,, 2014
CLOSED: 
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
sheltrpn
Established Member

Re: January 2014 Closers

Home Location: Morgantown, PA 

Purchase Price: $253,900 New Build

Property: SFH - 1836 sq ft

Submitted Offer on: December 2, 2013

Signed Contract on : December 12, 2013

Lender Name: Primelending

Notes about Lender: Fantastic to work with

Inspection: 

Loan Rate: 4.875

Loan Application submitted: December 10, 2013

Repairs requested:

Processing:

Appraisal Ordered:

Pending repairs

Appraisal Completed:

Underwriting:

Final Approval:

Closing Date: January 28,, 2014

CLOSED: ..

Message 2 of 11
Catacam
Frequent Contributor

Just had to say go Tenino! Lacey waving over here!

CLOSED ON OUR FIRST HOME MAY 30TH!!!

Starting Score: TU 589 EQ 526 EX603
Current Score: TU 635 EQ 603 EX ??
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 11
Jessica503
Established Member

Home Location: Gervais, Or

Purchase Price: $126,900

Property: SFH - 1288 sq ft

Submitted Offer on: May 5th, 2013

Signed Contract on : May 7th, 2013

Lender Name: Pacific Residential Mortgage

Notes about Lender: Fantastic to work with

Type of Loan: USDA

Inspection: 12/9/2013

Loan Rate: Not sure yet

Loan Application submitted: December 10, 2013

Repairs requested: Asked sellers to repair rotted subfloor and support beams in master bathroom. Some siding repairs needed.

Processing:

Appraisal Ordered:

Pending repairs:

Appraisal Completed:

Underwriting:

Final Approval:

Closing Date: Aniticipated 1/15/20014

CLOSED: ..

This has been a LONG and tedious process so far and we are no where close to done. Been shopping for a home since December 2012, have had 2 other homes fall through. We are hoping the third time is a charm. Although this is an as-is short sale home the sellers did not disclose signifcant known damage beneath the home so we are trying to negotiate with them to fix it. Only time will tell! We had waited for over 200 days for approvals from both the first and the second banks on this short sale, so to find out about the extensive damage after waiting 200 days was very dissapointing.

Message 4 of 11
happy99
Established Member

Home Location:Apple Valley, CA

Purchase Price: $233,500 with 3% from seller for closing costs

Property: SFH - 2510 sq ft, built 2010 not completed, almost finished!!

Accepted Offer on: 11/23/13

Broker name: Planatek Financial

Broker notes: Sent from above, smart, helpful, thorough, very good at explaining things, available 24/7

Lender name: Submitted to Weslend by broker changed to Stearns when rates dropped

Notes about Lender:

Type of Loan: FHA 30 Yr fixed

Inspection: Pending completion

Loan Rate: 3.84%

Loan Application submitted: 12/12/13 Weslend Submitted to Stearns 2/19/2014

Appraisal Ordered: Pending completion

Appraisal Completed: $248K

Closing Date: January 7, 2014

CLOSED: May 5, 2014--- yesssss it took THAT long! Seller/contractor low on money trying to drag out the escrow so we would cancel and they could list it for a higher price, but we waited them out and got it!! Loving it!!

History: We have had flawless payment and credit history for the last 5 years, but in 2007/08 we had several charge offs and collections due to significant income loss due to my wife's job loss. We restructured our finances on one income, learned to live within our means, and follow a strict budget. In August we lost an escrow due to some of our past credit mess haunting us. We got that resolved and are now trying again...fingers crossed! We were approved/eligible through the automated underwriting so we are hoping this time is much smoother Smiley Happy

Worries: dispute comments, past collections

Details:

credit scores- 718, 704, 677 lender pull

DTI: 23/44

Wife is non-purchasing, non-title taking spouse due to an old open IRS lien that is on a payment plan.

Good luck to all January closers!! May the odds be ever in our favor...scratch that...may the underwriters be ever in our favor!! Smiley Happy

I am on my tablet...Please do not judge me by my typos Smiley Wink
Message 5 of 11
cooperla2002
Established Member

Home Location: Houston, Texas
Purchase Price: $164,500 (Seller pays $3500 Closing) Original List was $175, then negtd $167,500 + $5500 Closing, then appraised at $164,500

Property: SFH - 2647 sq ft
Submitted Offer on: November 20
Signed Contract on : November 21
Lender Name: Weststar Mortgage through Core Lending (As of 12/20) Previous lender (Fired on 12/20)- Proficio

Notes about Lender: Not the best at communicating however she has worked the file FAST. I would rather have a worker than a talker!

Loan Rate: 4.75
Loan Application submitted: New - Weststar 12/23/13 (Original Proficio- November 22, 2013)
Processing: 12/26/13 (Original-December 2)
Appraisal Ordered:   12/2/13
Appraisal Completed: 12/20/13
Underwriting:   Weststar: 12/31/13 (Proficio-December 12 -Still there on 12/20 when I fired them.)

Loan Approved w/conditions:   ?
Final Approval:   ?

Projected Closing date: January 8 (Original - Dec 23, 2013)

Notes: Fired the worthless LO at Proficio - NEVER EVER USE PROFICIO MORTGAGE! Lies, Lies and more lies. Not a single truth was uttered out of anybody's mouths from that company. We were supposed to close on 12/23. I always provided requested documents immediately. There is also horrible internal communication between departments. RUN RUN RUN as far away as you can! Some things the Proficio LO had the audacity to tell people : To me - Don't worry, we will get you approved for your NEXT house. To the Buyer & Seller's Agents: Well, you can go ahead and put the house back on the market if you want to. UGH!

New loan company is planning on closing Jan 8th! My file went from processing to underwriting yesterday at 5 pm. Weststar mortgage has been VERY expedient and accomodating and I can't wait to close on time!. Thank you, Weststar mortgage.

Starting Score (FICO) 4/10/2013: 543
Current Score (MyFico) 12/13/2013 :649
Lender Pull 12/6/13: Median Score 644
Goal 1: Purchase a home in Spring/Summer 2014 (Happening much sooner! - Loan is in to underwriting - Closing 1/8/14!)
Goal 2: 700+ Across the board

Message 6 of 11
tcrutchf
Valued Member

Home Location: Acworth, GA, just north of Atlanta
Purchase Price: $148,000
Property: Townhouse - 2200 sq ft
Submitted Offer on: June 15 (New Construction)
Signed Contract on : June 15

Builder Name: D.R. Horton
Lender Name: Evolve Bank & Trust
Notes about Lender: No issues so far. 
Type of Loan: FHA 30 Yr Fixed - Georgia Dream Program
Loan Rate: 4.125
Loan Application submitted: October 5
Appraisal Ordered: November 26
Appraisal Completed: December 4
Underwriting: December 6
Loan Approved w/conditions: December 10
Final Approval: December 27

Georgia Dream Final Approval: January 15
Closing Date: Originally scheduled 12/27, postponed a number of times
CLOSED: 1/16

I was originally scheduled to close 12/27/13. The holidays threw everything off. The loan program I went with has a $5,000 down payment assistance. It essentially needs to be underwritten twice. Once by the lender and once by DCA (Department of Community Affairs). The file should come out of DCA tomorrow and close on Friday, but DCA is backed up because of the holidays. I really hope it happens, so I have the weekend to move. I'm already into having to pay per diem rent in January and my landlord wants me out!

Update: File came back from DCA with a couple things the lender needs to clarify from what I understand. We should be good to go by tomorrow and scheduled for a Thursday closing! This thing may really happen Smiley Happy

Yet another Georgia Dream update! So much for just a couple of clarifications!!! Georgia Dream's conditions were absolutely ridiculous. We are definitely NOT closing today. I have to source every deposit over $200 for the last 6 months. My lender already had me source everything over $300, but now I have to document all of the cash deposits over $200. This is insane! I am downsizing to a townhome from a 3000 square foot house with a full basement. I have been selling stuff like crazy and paying off debts with the proceeds. I've had numerous garage sales in the last few months. Since my lender told me deposits over $300 needed to be sourced, I was pretty careful to only deposit smaller amounts. Also, they now need a verification of employment and proof of enrollment in school on my 18 year old son. He is not on the loan! None of this should matter. There was a page-long list of other things that I can't even remember. We resubmitted these last night, so maybe I might be able to move this weekend. My landlord wants me out by Sunday, so I'm not sure what the next step is if we don't close on Friday.

Update: Clear to close! 1/16/2014

Chapter 13 Discharge - October 27, 2021
Current FICO 8 scores: Experian-689 Equifax-676 TransUnion-656
Message 7 of 11
yank1

@ tcrutchf , Congratulations on your new home purchase. Im in the process of buying a new house and I will be using Georgia Dream and need some info on the whole process. Did your LO ask for a lot of extra documents for the georgia dream program? What was your turnaround time for the Georgia Dream underwriting  and did the underwriter come back with any conditions?

I hope to hear from you as soon as possible. If you have any additional pointers, please feel free to share.

Thanks

Message 8 of 11
tcrutchf
Valued Member

@yank1 wrote:

@ @tcrutchf , Congratulations on your new home purchase. Im in the process of buying a new house and I will be using Georgia Dream and need some info on the whole process. Did your LO ask for a lot of extra documents for the georgia dream program? What was your turnaround time for the Georgia Dream underwriting  and did the underwriter come back with any conditions?

I hope to hear from you as soon as possible. If you have any additional pointers, please feel free to share.

Thanks

Yes, there were a few extra documents. There is a checklist on the Georgia Dream website. It didn't seem to be anything ridiculous. We ran into an issue that we didn't anticipate because my son who is a senior in high school and has a very minimal part time job turned 18 between application and approval. Since he was now an adult, we had to source all of his income and prove that it did't throw me over the threshold, since all adult household members income must be registered, even if they are not on the loan. It was not anticipated and threw it all off! My loan officer doesn't do a lot of the Georgia Dream loans, so really isn't incredibly familiar with them. It also seems that the staff at Georgia Dream are on a skeleton crew with the holidays and it is taking them much longer to do the final processing. My actual lender did all of the underwriting, and seemed to over document to make sure Georgia Dream would't ask for anything else, then submitted to Georgia Dream for their final underwriting and approval. It was supposed to take about 24 hours. They have had the file since 12/30 and still haven't looked at it. We don't anticipate any issues, they just need to look at it. Apparantly, I am NOT closing today, since the lender needs 24 hours after Georgia Dream releases the file.

Chapter 13 Discharge - October 27, 2021
Current FICO 8 scores: Experian-689 Equifax-676 TransUnion-656
Message 9 of 11
Jamisonke
New Contributor

Home Location: Fairfield, CA (SF Bay Area)
Purchase Price: $489,000
Property: Single Family Home - 3071 sq ft
Submitted Offer on: December 28, 2013 (New Construction)
Signed Contract on : December 28, 2013

Builder Name: Seeno/Discovery Homes
Lender Name: Pacific Funding Group (Builder's preferred lender)
Notes about Lender: No issues so far. 
Type of Loan: FHA 30 Yr Fixed
Loan Rate: 4.375%
Loan Application submitted: December 28, 2013
Appraisal Ordered: January 3, 2014
Appraisal Completed: January 6, 2014
Underwriting: January 7, 2014
Loan Approved w/conditions: January 9, 2014
Final Approval: January 22, 2014

Closing Date: January 29, 2014

--------------------------------
Current FICO scores: EQ 762, EX 761, TU 773
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.