cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

January/February closers! Where are you at?

tag
lpayton
Regular Contributor

January/February closers! Where are you at?

I am hoping to close January 30th or before. Anyone else hoping to close in Jan/Feb?
Message 1 of 122
121 REPLIES 121
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: January/February closers! Where are you at?

Do retroactive January closers count? Closed a year ago Jan. 31...perfect time to home shop and close, IMO. Less crowds. Good choices. And one-on-one attention because of the sales slump due to the holidays. Though our DC blizzard didn't help the closing date any after it kept getting moved.

Message 2 of 122
Anonymous
Not applicable

we have a drop dead date of jan 20. My LO said we should close way before that

Message 3 of 122
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am supposed to close by the end of January or begining of February, we don't have date yet but the woman helping me is trying to get the USDA to hurry things up. We have had the house picked out since before we got approved. So I hope things go fast so we don't lose the house! 

Message 4 of 122
MBOhio2
Established Contributor

Jan/Feb closer here! (I can't believe I finally get to say that!) We're building a home so our closing date depends on the house first being finished, but right now we're thinking the closing will be the last week in January! We're doing an FHA loan.

Mid-2010 Starting Scores: FAKO EQ 476 FAKO EX 506 FICO TU98 575
July 2017 Current Scores: Approx 710 (waiting for official updates)
Message 5 of 122
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Still sitting here behind the start gate with my cup of super cold coffee and a direct feed into Starbucks.   Smiley Wink

Maybe January.   

Maybe February.

If the seller doesn't get their ducks in order, I walk away in January.   

If the seller gets the ducks named and in order, I close in February, (hopefully) the latest.

Message 6 of 122
lpayton
Regular Contributor

Well, here is my good-luck vibes for everyone looking to close in Jan/Feb! Hopefully this thread will be good luck like it was for the December closers!

We just signed our final paperwork today at Wells Fargo.  Our inspection is scheduled for Friday, and our appraisal soon after.  My LO is telling my file looks good, and she thinks any conditions that come back from UW will be "easy".  

Fingers crossed for everyone!!! 

Message 7 of 122
MBOhio2
Established Contributor

I've been so calm throughout this entire process (e.g. credit rebuilding, pre-approval, house building, etc), which has lasted over a year now. However, I just had a lengthy conversation with my LO about pulling credit (tomorrow!), locking rates and the UW process and now I'm officially getting nervous!!

Mid-2010 Starting Scores: FAKO EQ 476 FAKO EX 506 FICO TU98 575
July 2017 Current Scores: Approx 710 (waiting for official updates)
Message 8 of 122
Chinadoll
Contributor

I should be closing Jan/Feb...more leaning on Feb. My home is under construction and won't be finished until then. I am excited, nervous, anxious and any other relatable feeling. Most of all I am thankful to God for giving me wisdom with using resources like MYFICO to help me in this process. Good luck to everyone and I can't wait to say I am a homeowner. Myself and my dog that is Smiley Happy

Starting Score: TU 654 EQ 599
Current Score: TU 682 EQ 661 EX 688
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 122
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Lol - I am so excited for all you!   Good luck vibes and no caffeine for any of you!

Message 10 of 122
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.