cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

January/February closers! Where are you at?

tag
lpayton
Regular Contributor

Re: January/February closers! Where are you at?

This morning my LO said, "everyone is stressed out when they buy a home...you are a little higher than average". I cracked up. Everyone who knows me hates me riht now because I am so stressed and preoccupied with this. Smiley Happy (I've lost 5 lbs and drink twice the normal amount of coffee I normally do.)
Message 11 of 122
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Didn't I say "no caffeine"??  Smiley Wink

Message 12 of 122
Anonymous
Not applicable

We are building and should be closing the last week of February. I'm hoping everything goes well, since our sale of the first house did not go through. There's still time to find a buyer, but I am trying to figure out worst case scenario for now.

Message 13 of 122
IOBA
Senior Contributor

I am kinda excited to say that my lender has become a bit impatient and has changed their minds about it taking 35-45 days to close.   They now say they can (and probably will) close in a matter of 14-21 days.     

Now, if I can get the seller to work things out with their mortgage company, this thing may happen yet!

Message 14 of 122
Elated
Contributor

Hi lpayton, I am scheduled to close on January 17th tentatively. I still have not heard back from the underwriter, but the LO says everything looks great...it's been 3 weeks now, and still waiting to hear something back definitively.Smiley Sad

Message 15 of 122
lpayton
Regular Contributor

Well, we are wait wait waiting right now too...I know that yesterday underwriting verified my employment and rental history, and also verified my alternative lines of credit (had to provide them since I didnt have any credit cards or loans when I applied).  I know for a fact that the information given to the UW department was all positive...I am hoping we close sooner than Jan 31 if possible. 

Fingers crossed for everyone else too!! 

Message 16 of 122
MBOhio2
Established Contributor

We've run into a major hiccup Smiley Sad

To make a long story short, a stupid dispute letter that I wrote in June 2010 to the lender of my charged-off student loans mysteriously arrived on November 2, 2011. The lender had been reporting these 11 CO student loans as "OK" for the past almost 2 years (I do make monthly payments) and now they're reporting them as 120 days late all the way up to October 2011. As a result, it looks like I have recent lates and my scores plummetted about 40 points. I need my middle to be 620 to close and currently it's 598 and 604 on the two different reports my LO pulls (used to be 639).

We have about 60 days before closing so I am scrambling to do anything I can to raise my scores. Right now all CCs are paid to $0 and I only have a LOC with a balance. My util % are as follows:

Overall = 44%

LOC = 51%

I am about to pay this LOC down so that my util % will be:

Overall = 16%

LOC = 17%

The only other baddies on my report are the darn CO student loans and there's simply nothing I can do about them Smiley Sad Any other magical suggestions??

Fingers crossed I get the 16-22 point I so desperately need!!

Mid-2010 Starting Scores: FAKO EQ 476 FAKO EX 506 FICO TU98 575
July 2017 Current Scores: Approx 710 (waiting for official updates)
Message 17 of 122
Anonymous
Not applicable

Still waiting for our clear to close letter.  We are praying we can close either the 6 or 9 of January.  Don't know why this takes SO long!

Message 18 of 122
Tooliebell
Frequent Contributor

Going to officially join!  Was hoping to close today but don't think that is a reality.  Hoping for next week. 

Message 19 of 122
Holly1221
Regular Contributor

I might as well follow you into this thread too Toolie!! lol 

Our tenetative close is Jan 28th (on 2nd house deal...1st fell thru).  Just had home inspection & there is an issue with the roof.  My realtor hasn't called me back yet to discuss it or our "response" yet.  Hmmm....makes me wonder!  I'm going FHA & she told me not to schedule appraiser yet.

12/27/11: EQ 618 / TU 621 / EX 643 (lender pull for CLOSING!)
MYFICO: EQ 618 / TU 610 on 12-07-11
MyFico EQ: 603 on 12-01-11
Current: 594 EQ/ 616 EX/ 599 TU (lender pulls 11-28-11)
Previous: 555 EQ/ 552 EX/ 573 TU (lender pulls 10-28-11)
GOAL: NEW HOUSE ...GOT IT ON 01/27/12
2012 GOAL: 750
Message 20 of 122
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.