Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Valued Member

Re: January and February

HopefulGardner wrote:
My father and aunt live in Fishers, IN. My dad has the biggest house in his and he paid 200k I think and he moved from NJ with an 800+k house so he was satisfied lol. My aunt just closed last week on a very nice home there for 95k. I told her I hate her lol

Oh my gosh! Fishers? That's about 20 minutes from me, lol. Small world!!

New Contributor

Yes it is! Like they say we all know someone that knows someone lol SO You are probably a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend!

Starting Score: FICO Lender 7/2012: EQ 598 TU 643 EX 640
Current Score: MyFico 04/14/13 EQ 684 TU 650
01/13/13 Lender EX 677
Goal Score:700's All Bureaus

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Member

HopefulGardner wrote:

Yes it is! Like they say we all know someone that knows someone lol SO You are probably a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend!

And come to think of it, my realtor lives in Fishers, heck maybe she sold those homes to your family, lol.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am now a homeowner of my first ever home.  I'm so amazed!

Purchase Price: $163,020

Monthly Payments: $988.00 (included escrowed taxes, insurance, and PMI)

Closing Costs: Under $5,000 including down payment, due to builder's contribution.  Includes all appliances, too!
Property: 1500 sq foot new construction, 3 bdrm, 2 bath
Toured house : 12/02/12
Signed Purchased Contract On : 12/14/12
Type of loan: Conventional 3% down
Loan rate: 3.25%
Loan application submitted: 12/17/12
Loan approved: 12/28/12 -- no conditions
Closing date: 1/11/13
Closed on: 1/11/13

Once I got over the initial hurdle with the builder contract, everything else went smooth as silk.  Very fast, closing on time, loan approval done bam! bam! bam!.  Now, my back and I are not on speaking terms after 3 days of schlepping boxes, but I am a homeowner for the very first time in my life.  I'm going to have a lot of fun!

Valued Contributor

Congrats! That was definitely a speedy loan!
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Regular Contributor

thank you -- it went very, very smoothly, thanks in part to the stuff I have learned over the last few years here at myFico,com!

Frequent Contributor

Cloudlb wrote:

thank you -- it went very, very smoothly, thanks in part to the stuff I have learned over the last few years here at myFico,com!

How did you manage to get approved for just 3% on a conventional loan?

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

good scores (mid score TU 761)  and my local credit union, with whom I already have a car loan, I guess

Frequent Contributor

Cloudlb wrote:

I am now a homeowner of my first ever home.  I'm so amazed!

Purchase Price: $163,020

Monthly Payments: $988.00 (included escrowed taxes, insurance, and PMI)

Closing Costs: Under $5,000 including down payment, due to builder's contribution.  Includes all appliances, too!
Property: 1500 sq foot new construction, 3 bdrm, 2 bath
Toured house : 12/02/12
Signed Purchased Contract On : 12/14/12
Type of loan: Conventional 3% down
Loan rate: 3.25%
Loan application submitted: 12/17/12
Loan approved: 12/28/12 -- no conditions
Closing date: 1/11/13
Closed on: 1/11/13

Once I got over the initial hurdle with the builder contract, everything else went smooth as silk.  Very fast, closing on time, loan approval done bam! bam! bam!.  Now, my back and I are not on speaking terms after 3 days of schlepping boxes, but I am a homeowner for the very first time in my life.  I'm going to have a lot of fun!

Congratulations!! Enjoy your new home!

Regular Contributor

I beg your pardon.  It was 3.5% down.  Still a good deal, I think!

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.