Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Change???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Job Change???

Looking to go for pre-approval (conventional loan) on a new construction home in 02/2016 and I'm looking to change jobs before that. Currently work in healthcare billing and looking to change to software engineering as this is my preferred field of choice since I finished school last year. Been at this job since 01/2013. Would this be a problem? Current pay is 32k, looking for a job in the 60k+ range.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Job Change???

I did a  VA loan that I closed on 9/9/15 but I believe all types of loans are goin to want to see job stability of atleast 2 years. I got out of The Marines in May after 13 years  so I only had 1 month at my job I ended up needing 3 letters for the  UW one from my employer stating when I began working, gross pay, and that the job was stable, 2 letters from me one stating that I had the job offer before getting out of the military so there would be no job gap and the second letter stating how the new job related to my military job. If I were you I would stay at my current job until after closing .

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

The thing is, I would need the pay upgrade from the new job to qualify for the house or our DTI would be too high.  I've had full time continuous employment since 2009. A little over 2.5 years at current job and 3.5 years at previous job. 

Message 3 of 9
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@kokenwa wrote:

The thing is, I would need the pay upgrade from the new job to qualify for the house or our DTI would be too high.  I've had full time continuous employment since 2009. A little over 2.5 years at current job and 3.5 years at previous job. 

Then this is your answer. Change jobs to get in the career you love and get your pay into the appropriate range. Did you graduate with a degree in the computer field or is this a new discovery?

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

My degree is officially labled as "Software Development". It's all under the same umbrella as software engineering, computer science.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kok said-

"Current pay is 32k, looking for a job in the 60k+ range."

Look here, you DON"T turn down job offers that pay x2 what ya currently makin.  Take the job.  Tell the loan guy you took the job and doubled your income and if that makes this mortgage belly up, don't worry about it.  Houses go on the market every hour of everyday.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Kok said-

Look here, you DON"T turn down job offers that pay x2 what ya currently makin.  Take the job.  Tell the loan guy you took the job and doubled your income and if that makes this mortgage belly up, don't worry about it.  Houses go on the market every hour of everyday.

That is a very good point and sage advice. If they don''t like it, I can always find another mortgage guy I guess.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Kok said-

Great advice by Bama.

Message 8 of 9
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

as a recent grad, we will be ok with the new job.

will need 30 days of pay stubs from new job in the file

Retired Lender
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.