cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job change & FHA

tag
Regular Contributor

Job change & FHA

I have an offer to change jobs within the same field but another company and a different but higher paying position.  I have been with my current company for 11 years.  I have heard that within the industry changes are okay but I already have enough issues on my credit so I don't want to compromise my application any further.  Any thoughts on if this will hurt an FHA application? Thanks 
MyFico's:
June 09: TU 591, EQ 526, EX 576
June 10: TU 647 EQ 643, EX 661
March 12: TU 700 EQ 700
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: Job change & FHA

As long as you are getting paid the same way (W-2'd to W-2'd, salary to salary, etc.), and since you are advancing in your career/wages, you shouldn't have any problems with the job change
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 6
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

I agree with Shane.

What was old job?
What is new job?

Retired Lender
Message 3 of 6
Regular Contributor

My current job is Director of Nursing for an Assisted Living, the new job would be Executive Director of a different assisted living company.  It would be approx. $12,000 annual increase in salary or more with bonuses but it would take me out of nursing into more of the business field, which they may consider a change?  I'm not sure?  I did work for this company before if that helps.
MyFico's:
June 09: TU 591, EQ 526, EX 576
June 10: TU 647 EQ 643, EX 661
March 12: TU 700 EQ 700
Message 4 of 6
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

that's a promotion.

yer good to go!!
Retired Lender
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would only watch one thing.  If your new position is has a lot of bonus pay, they may not allow you to count "bonus" pay unless you can verify it on past w-2/paystubs.  Even if you got bonuses at your last job they may only be willing to count your "base" pay towards DTI.  If you were in the middle of escrow or had offers out I would just make **bleep** sure what the underwriter would think of it.  It would mainly depend if the file was borderline already or very solid.  If it was borderline then be careful.  
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.