Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joint Mortgage Question?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Joint Mortgage Question?

Questions about qualifying for Joint FHA with my husband. Our Credit scores are not where they should be right now so we have a few months to try to close on something by the new year, however I do have a few questions for the experts out there.

1. I've read that you have to have 3 credit lines...is that seperatly or jointly? We have an auto loan that is in both of our names & 1 CC where he is an AU. We really dont have alot of revolving credit at this point and really dont want to open any other lines.

2. We have our income deposited into a prepaid account that we do have access to statements and such but it is only in my name but he also has his direct deposit going in there.

3.Is Debt to income based on individual credit and income or on an all together typer basis? we both have student loans in our own name but they are currently in deferment.

4.I have been on my current job for a year so far. it is through a temp service but the job does not end and my contact is renewed every 30 days. I could work here forever if i wanted. I was in school last year & even though i have only had this job for a year i have not went longer than 2 weeks without a job...3 jobs last year. all work from home because i was in school. will all of this count against me?

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Joint Mortgage Question?

i must mention that all jobs have been w'2 employement

Message 2 of 6
Kiki901
New Contributor

The temporary nature of your job may be a problem. They might consider it unstable employment. 

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

how will they know its a temp agency though?

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

They typically verify employment.Im not sure if it would be held against you or not but job stability obviously plays a huge part in being approved for a mortgage.With the verification I can almost say without a doubt they will know it's a temp agency especially since they want pay stubs and W2's
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

They would verify everything about your employmend and quickly discover that you worked for a temp agency. You can still get a house while being a temp, but they may ask  you for a lot of documentation to verify your stability.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.