cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Journaling my home journey....AGAIN!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Journaling my home journey....AGAIN!

@frugalQ wrote:
We are living in a rental. Before we signed the lease, we explained to the landlord that we would need an early termination option. They added it to the lease, so we are covered from that perspective. We give our notice at the end of January.

It has worked out well so far. The worst part of all this was packing our house up to move. That was the absolute worse experience. We accumulated so much stuff over the years ....it took forever to get everything out and cleaned/disinfected for the renter.

We had to put a bunch of our stuff in storage.

One of the reasons I kinda hope our home doesn't sell before our home is completed-only have to move once.

We've been in this house for 30+ years, and despite frequent yard sales, and Goodwill pickups, we have "stuff."  I've just flat out given chairs, couches, lamps, old lawn mowers, tools etc away.  I guess ours is not bad for all those years of living here.  Our intent is to go room by room and decide which makes the cut and which doesn't.  It will either go in the truck, or the yard sale pile.

Our attic never had much other than Christmas, so with the Christmas stuff out right now, I'm clear to move the rest of the boxes up there, which are a few old toys and clothes of my son when he was little.  My wife is sentimental about it, but I told her it was just junk and not worth the trouble to move to the new house.  So Goodwill will be making a call day after New Year.

So why they call ya Frugal?  LOL

Message 11 of 17
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

My DH says I'm cheap.....I tell him that I'm frugal, not cheap! Lol

Well, tomorrow is credit pull day. For some reason, im so nervous about it. I haven't seen an official mortgage credit score since the beginning of September.

We are using my DH mid score. His FAKO and myfico.com scores have gone up as much as 30 points since September, but I'm still nervous.

I'm naturally a worrier....I know I'm going to be a basket case by the time we close!
AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 12 of 17
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

And he calls me "q" when I start asking too many questions. Lol
AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 13 of 17
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

UPDATED: Journaling my home journey....AGAIN!

Well, we got the approve/eligible from Fannie Mae's DU....we signed the disclosures and our file is now in underwriting.  The loan officer sent in the signed lease for our rental property with a note that the rental income will be reported on our 2014 taxes....this is basically to keep the ball rolling.  We will see what they come back with.  We are hoping to get our first round of conditions in about 1 or 2 weeks.  The IRS will not begin accepting tax returns until 1/20/15.  I intend to file during that week.  Hopefully, they will have them processed sometime in February.

The house is coming along great.  Still on schedule to close in March.  Yesterday, they painted the trim.  I am scheduling our pre-drywall walk through today.  Exciting times!!!

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: UPDATED: Journaling my home journey....AGAIN!

Let us know how it went.

Message 15 of 17
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

Re: UPDATED 1/15/15: Journaling my home journey....AGAIN!

We went through our pre-drywall walkthrough.  Everything looks to be on schedule.  The drywall is expected to go in over the weekend and in the next 1 1/2 weeks, they expect to be putting in the cabinets.  Time is FLYING!!!!  I am ready to pack this weekend!!!  

I am hoping and praying we get to lock before 1/28.  I believe that's the date of the next fed meeting.  

Message 16 of 17
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

Mortgage front:

We received our commitment letter on 2/6/15. The only underwriting conditions are1) funds to close, 2) LOE for why an account updated on our credo report as our old address, 3) recopy of drivers license, 4) proof of rent loss insurance, 5) source a couple of deposits, 6) copy of 2014 w2's, 7) another copy of our renters security deposit, 8) bank statement showing payment of EMD

Home build front:

The sod/grass has been laid. The cabinets are in, doors are in, molding has been put in, bathrooms have been tiled. The builder keeps saying that we are on track to close on time. I'll feel better once all of the floors are down.

We are almost in the clear. I'm happy we got our conditions cause I now feel like I have something to work towards.
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.