cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Journey to owning a home

tag
Determined79

Journey to owning a home

Any advice on where I should begin in applying for mortgage? My income is 100k per year. I had several tax liens that were paid and most removed from my credit report and my CPA is finalizing the last details to settle those related to a business closure. My husband and I both had credit issues due to our businesses failing but we have been renting for 2 years and now ready to buy a home. Should I go to a mortgage company for a pee approval at this stage? We have money for down payment to offset any potential credit issues. Please help. We really need our own home.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

Re: Journey to owning a home

what are your mortage scores?  since the taxes have been paid, they probably won''t cause an issue...as long as your credit scores are high enough and you meet the other requirements like DTI

good luck

AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where are you located? Do you have a realtor that you trust that could refer you to a lender?

Message 3 of 7
Determined79

My mortgage scores are: EQ: 608 Ex:576 Trans:507
Message 4 of 7
Determined79

I am currently not working with a realtor and located in Mississippi.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Determined79 wrote:
My mortgage scores are: EQ: 608 Ex:576 Trans:507

You're gonna want to see a bit of an increase in those scores before you apply.  FHA requires your middle score to be 580 AT A MINIMUM; you're not quite there yet and will most likely loose a few additional points with the HP.

Message 6 of 7
Determined79

Ok great thanks I am going to wait another 30 days to see what scores increase after I do 2PFD's.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.