Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgement and UW

tag
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Re: Judgement and UW

Well, if there was a judgment and you are sure of it, then there isn't a way to dispute it then if it is reporting correctly.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 11 of 20
Brian_Trying_700
Frequent Contributor

File a dispute. 95% of the time you will win. Im in the same boat.

Garden mode till 11/19/2013 Amex Zync 500 H-L I Discover More 1750 I Capital One Rewards 1750 I Barclay Apple 1500 I Macys 2000 I Orchard 400 I Walmart 2000 I Chase Freedom 1500 I Lowes 1K l Barclay NFL 1K l Wright Express gas 2500 l PayPal Debit MasterCard BusinessCard $ ?
Message 12 of 20
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Judgment and UW

No, don't file a dispute.

You paid the judgment already. Did you record the Satisfaction of Judgment you received that day at court? It sounds like you got the "Satisfaction" and didn't record it. If it is recorded, then get a certified copy of the recorded satisfaction and supply it to you lender and to the CRA's .

Judgments last a lot longer than debt. In many jurisdictions they last for 20 years. Check your state's statutes to see how long the judgments last there.  Even if it were not on your report, you still have to have the Satisfaction recorded because the title company/attorney will run your name and info to see if you have any outstanding judgments.

Filing a dispute in this particular instance won't solve your problem. 

Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will go up to the court on Monday and get all the paper work..

Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

CLOSED..SO HAPPY..IF YOU NEED TO KNOW HOW TO GET IT DONE..I WILL BE ABLE TO HELP..I HAD TO GO THROUGH IT ALL..EVERY THING THAT CAN HAPPEN IT WENT THROUGH..FHA, VA, COV, 203K, AND CONSTR, LOANS..I KNOW IT UP AND DOWN..CREDIT REPAIR I WENT FROM A 477 TO A 653 IN 10 MONTHS..DID IT ALL MY SELF..WITH SOME HELP FOR THE MAN ABOVE..I AM HERE TO HELP..LET ME KNOW..

Message 15 of 20
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

cool

Retired Lender
Message 16 of 20
Sunshine85
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations! Enjoy your new home!

Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

THANK YOU MYFICO FORUM..VERY HAPPY WITH MY NEW HOME AND THE MORTGAGE RATE IS 3.75% FOR 30YEARS FIX..LOVE IT..

Message 18 of 20
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

It just came on 2 days ago. I ask my LO about it and she told me that they do a solf pull..don't know what that do? I paid the person the day we walk out of court..this is crazy..I ask the Judge about this and she told us if it paid before 90 them it don't go on credit file..CRAZY..

If there was a judgement recorded from the court then it can show on your reports at anytime, regardless of when you pay it.      If the court vacated the judgement then that is a situation where it should not show on your reports.

ETA:   Congrats on your new home !  I'm really glad that it worked out and that you were able to close Smiley Happy

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 19 of 20
sewmuchdebt
Regular Contributor

congrats

Starting Score: EQ 505 jul09
Current Score: EQ 702 TU 693 EX 692 apr12
Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.