cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgement from 2008 not reporting as paid or satisfied?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Judgement from 2008 not reporting as paid or satisfied?

Won' this hurt us getting a pre approval in the next month? I am currently disputing this item and equifax says it will take 30 days but this is what it reads

Judgment
Type:Judgment 
Date Filed:03/2008 
Case Number: 
Court Number/Name: 
Court Address:8300 Common Rd
Warren, MI 480932382

Plaintiff:PALISADES COLLECTION LLC  
Defendant: 
Amount:$793 
Satisfied Date: 
Verified Date: 
Comments:Consumer disputes - reinvestigation in progress

You have no Tax Liens on file.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Judgement from 2008 not reporting as paid or satisfied?

Is it paid? If so, make sure you have proof of payment for the underwriter as it is showing as a judgment and not just as a collection.

Judgments have to be paid before closing.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes it is paid but was settled for less amount owed before it reached court so should the report be reading this?
Message 3 of 5
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

The best way is to make sure that a Satisfaction of Judgment has been filed in the public records first then have the cr report show it as paid. Did you check the public records to see if the Satisfaction has been recorded yet? If not, make sure that is done right away. Some people on the forum have been able to remove the judgment notation from their reports and that would be the best thing, but it is not always possible. Check the threads for removing a paid judgement.

Message 4 of 5
luvsandyshores
Regular Contributor

Definitely call the courthouse and ask if they are showing that the judgment was satisfied.  If you're nearby, you can go in and pay a couple dollars for a copy of the satisfaction.  That will make the mortgage co happy.  Then keep it somewhere safe in case you ever need it again!

Did you get a receipt from Palisades, and did it say that it was paid?  If so, dig that out to show to the mortgage co. also.

I forget if mine said "Paid" or "Total due - $0", but I settled with Palisades last summer and that's what they sent me.  The entry on all my CRs disappeared as well, without me having to do anything.  My mortgage co accepted the reciept and said that was good enough for them, I didn't need to get a copy of the SOJ.

Truly amazing, since I'd read all the horror stories about Palisades.

CH13 confirmed 1/2016
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.