Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgement not on credit report .. why?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Judgement not on credit report .. why?

I have been talking to a morgage company and he says my husband and I will probibly qualify for FHA loan. The bad credit on our history is over 5yrs. old. I have one question I know I have an old judgement on mine but this did not show up on our report ?? any clue as to why? I plan on taking care of it but I'm confused as to why it isn't reported?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Judgement not on credit report .. why?

Sometimes items, good or bad including judgments, do not report to all three CRAs. Have you pulled all three of your reports?
Message 2 of 11
gdtobefree
Established Contributor

Who pulled your credit?
The person you have been talking to?
If so and the judgement was not there BITE YOUR TONGUE and don't say a word, don't look for it, don't ask about it IT IS GONE shhhhhhhhhhhhh
Message 3 of 11
fused
Moderator Emeritus

gdtobefree wrote:
Who pulled your credit?
If so and the judgement was not there BITE YOUR TONGUE and don't say a word, don't look for it, don't ask about it IT IS GONE shhhhhhhhhhhhh

HA! Agreed!
Message 4 of 11
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Stupid me, mortgage lenders look at all three reports... it's probably not reporting on any of them.
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, but I do see where they have done an inquiry on my credit report, so I know they are looking at my report still? If I get a mortgage couldn't they come back and put a lien on my house?
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

When did they get the judgment, how long is it good for and can it be re-newed and when and for how long?
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

The judgement was in 2003. I am clueless on how long it is for, I thought once you have a judgement that it would never come off.
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

IIRC if you know there is a judgement against you it must be disclosed to the lender during the mtg process. If not disclosed = fraud, and the lender will not be happy to find a lien against the property.

gdtobefree wrote:
Who pulled your credit?

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did, he said lets hope it doesn't come up... I'm so confused... anybody. what's the right thing to do? I don't want this to bite me in the butt, yet not really wanting to rock the boat either.........ahhhh.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.