Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgement question please help!

tag
ccoaston
Contributor

Judgement question please help!

OK..I tried to get a home loan a few months back. We found the house we liked and we were going theough the last few procces to get the loan in play. We already got the house inspected and then we paid $300 so they can run a tax lien check or something along those lines. Then low and behold the bank called me and said they cant give me the loan because of my 36k judgment i have with the goverment. They said that they would get firest dibs on the house if something happen and the feds said they would want first dibs. My question is...Is it pretty much impossiable for me to get a home for my 2 children and wife at this point until I pay the judgement off in full? Are there any programs? Are there diffrent way to where I can borrow 30k loan and pay cash for the rest? This judgment isnt from taxes it is from something that happen personally to where i owe the goverment money. They gave me a amount I have to pay a month and I never been late since 2008. There is no intrest on the amount, as I pay it goes down.

Starting Score: 700
Current Score: 754
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
CapitalOne - 1k
Barclay - 3.8k
Chase Freedom - 2k
Citi Bank diamond perffered - 5k
Discover - 5k
Amex blue cash perffered - 2k
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Judgement question please help!

Scince this hasn't been answered I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's not likely that u will got a home loan or a personal loan for 30k with a judgement of that amount open on your report. I'm not an expert, just my opinion from research and experience. If you have a Payment plan set up and have been paying for at least a year try USDA or FHA for a mortgage. If you scores are good enough (say 640-660+) and u have at least a year payment history with the judgement and no other baddies it's a possability. I am about to close on a USDA direct loan and I have an unpaid judgement for $1400. They approved me on the condition that I paid it. My scores were 652 670 698. I also had two small collections (50 and 150) that had to be paid off. Look into USDA DIRECT if you qualify
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

No matter what this judgment will have to be taken care. You would either have to show 12 monthly payments on the judgment or pay it in full.

Message 3 of 10
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

No matter what this judgment will have to be taken care. You would either have to show 12 monthly payments on the judgment or pay it in full.

Agreed, but you are paying it and have been since 2008.....  without an issue as i read it.....

I would check around with some lenders. 

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 4 of 10
ccoaston
Contributor

Thanks guys and please if anyone else has any experience or input on this please help. Like i mentioned in other forums. Ive been approved for a couple of cards and my credit score isnt bad.

American express blue : Just apped for it and approved about 4 hours ago. No limit yet

Citi Diamond perferred: 5k Approved yesterday

Discover: 5k Approved Today

Barclays: 3.8k

Chase Freedom: 2k

Capital 1 since 08: still 1k ( went through the whole CLI thing with them. I gave up.

CapitalOne - 1k
Barclay - 3.8k
Chase Freedom - 2k
Discover - 5k
Message 5 of 10
pengy_wi
New Contributor

Not sure about the judgement part, but applying for 3 brand new cards in 2 days won't help the situation.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

With USDA u need no new credit. Has to all be a year or older
Message 7 of 10
ccoaston
Contributor

No problem. I don't plan on looking and purchasing a home until next year.

CapitalOne - 1k
Barclay - 3.8k
Chase Freedom - 2k
Discover - 5k
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have some time for rebuilding you should have a good shot with USDA. Smiley Happy
Good luck
Message 9 of 10
ccoaston
Contributor

Thanks guys for all the clarity. Wouldn't be where I'm at without you.

CapitalOne - 1k
Barclay - 3.8k
Chase Freedom - 2k
Discover - 5k
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.