Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgment Dismissed...no the garnishment was...2 days to closing

tag
debc
New Contributor

Judgment Dismissed...no the garnishment was...2 days to closing

just got the nod from my LO that we made it through final approval. with one condition. Judgement needs paid. i had agreed to that origianlly, however located a document from the courts that said dismissed. well....the garnishment was dismissed, not the judgement....now they say pay, even though it has been removed from my CR, the credit people that work for UW called the court, the court told them the JUDGEMENT had not been satisfied. so, we must pay or no close. Called the attorny on the summons...they dont know anything about it, cant locate it. Called the orig creditor, NCO (ugh) called 3 different people, finally someone located it, said now it was over 4000.00! orig judgement was 2729. so delima, now what....NCO shows the old acct from FSUSA (ugh again). its DLA listed on an old 2006 CR was 2000, then above that is the entry where NCO bought it and shows DLA as 2005 and an increas in the balance...my LO processor said something about paying at the table...I am sick.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Judgment Dismissed...no the garnishment was...2 days to closing

getting the garnishment removed is not the same as getting the judgement cleared off you record (as you have found out).  You want to arrange to pay it at closing.  Call the owner of the debt and offer a settlement in cash through the escrow company.  You can probably get it settles for around 3K or so. DO NOT PAY THEM PRIOR TO CLOSING.  Arrange for it to be paid at closing through the escrow company.
Message 2 of 3
WannaHouse
Valued Contributor

Re: Judgment Dismissed...no the garnishment was...2 days to closing

I would ask to settle for the oringinal balance; $2729

And as Mickie said...at the table and not before.

Kathy

We are finally homeowners!!

Closed May 5th-30 yr fixed at 5.25%.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.