Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgment question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Judgment question

I am helping my fiancee clear up his credit so we can purchase a home. He currently has 3 medical judgments from 2002, 2003, and 2004 that I was able to dispute with the CRAs, and have deleted. I know that just because the CRA's deleted does not mean they don't exist anymore. They are true judgments ( I have copies from the courthouse).  We sent the hosptial's attorney a settlement offer for each judgment, (25%) and they did not accept it. They sent a counter offer for 65% of the debt with accrued interest (State of MD 10% each year). We cannot afford that!

Any suggestions on what we should do? I am sure a lender will not touch him with those judgments. His score is a 630 with the judgments.  

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Judgment question

Since they were deleted I would not give them much more thought. It's not the courthouses that put these on the credit files it is actually companies that get paid to search court documents that report these to the credit bureau's. I believe a judgement can only be on there for 10 years so the one for 2002 would have to be removed last year anyways, and 2010 for the 2003, and 2011 for 2004.

I personally had a judgement come across vis papers sent to my house while I was being pre-approved for my mortgage (I did let my broker know) I was never notified of the the whole process it was from an old landlord from 5 years ago...............anyways after making the broker aware it could possibly come up his suggestion was to start a repayment process with the court system, so if it did come up he could show I am making payments. I cant tell you how many nights I didn't sleep because I thought I would not be able to get my dream home. But as my broker told me not to worry about it, I didn't and the judgement happened in March 2009 I closed on my home November 2009, and it never came up not even on my credit (knock on wood). Me being an honest person I did make arrangements with the courts to pay a monthly amount to have it paid, I have one more payment as of April 2010 and I will be free and clear of that from the past. I am a happy homeowner todaySmiley Happy

Hope this helps and good luck to you.

Message 2 of 4
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

There is a question on the loan application that asks if you have any judgments. You have to answer that honestly.

Your Social Security number WILL be searched for judgments/liens by title company.

Retired Lender
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the suggestions  Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.