Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgments & Title Searches

tag
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: Judgments & Title Searches

That is a tough one, if you pay it, will it not be reported to the credit bureaus?  Guess that answer isn't known, they have the right to report it to the credit bureaus's but if it's not on there already, I don't really see their incentive to report it at this point.  If that is the case, and in 3 months it'll be past it's SOL and no longer enforceable, therefore no longer outstanding, then I might just wait to see what happens.
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 21 of 25
happy0510
Established Contributor

Thanks for the quick response Shane.  You are pricelessSmiley Happy

Yeah, it fell off my reports in 2007.  It does come up on the court search however. 

So, if the landlord never renews, how is this handled at mortgage time?

Starting Score: 615
Current Score: 709
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 22 of 25
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

If the landlord doesn't renew and it's past it's SOL, then you legally don't owe it anymore and you could safely answer "No" to the question about any outstanding judgments.
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Message 23 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've done my research; in IL a judgment can be collected on for 20 years however the judgment must be renewed every 7 years in order to collect.  My judgment was entered April 2002 and thus renewal would have had to be done before April 2009.  The judgment was not renewed.  Therefore I don't legally owe it anymore and legally I do not have any outstanding judgments.  Is this a correct assumption?  However, just to be safe, I think I'll go ahead and pay the judgment.  That way I don't have to get caught up in all this legal technical crap, lol.

Message 24 of 25
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

I think that is a safe assumption, before you pay it I'd call the court up to find out if they still can legally collect, if not then I wouldn't pay anything on it IMO.
Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.