cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jumbo: 10% down on a $1 Million Home Price?

tag
youdontkillmoney
Valued Contributor

Re: Jumbo: 10% down on a $1 Million Home Price?

Revelate

Thanks for info, Chase is running some est for me as we speak...I will update when I get data point

Message 11 of 36
youdontkillmoney
Valued Contributor

OneWest bank in Pasadena said they only offer 20% down on Jumbo loans; they used ot have a 10% down w/ no PMI on jumbos but no any longer

Message 12 of 36
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@youdontkillmoney wrote:

OneWest bank in Pasadena said they only offer 20% down on Jumbo loans; they used ot have a 10% down w/ no PMI on jumbos but no any longer

Oh that's interesting, I wonder what spooked some of the lenders?  Yeah Penfed was running 10% at the time.

Did look like on your WF rate they were a bit higher than before too, I was at 3.875% 0 points at a 720 FICO; though I wasn't in a 10% down product, the rates were flat in their lower downpayment tiers when I looked at the rate sheet.  Most of the jumbo big banks should be within like .125% of each other.

        
Message 13 of 36
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Since I was curious this was Logix's estimate on 10% down 1M no points and gold-plated status (couldn't get the Chase one online for what you were looking for):

Loan Amount:                  $900,000.00
Purchase Price:                  $1,000,000.00
Loan Program:                  90% 30 Yr Low Down Payment Jumbo
Interest Rate:                  3.875%
LTV:90.000%

APR:4.264%
Summary of Charges
Discount Points$0.000.000%

Credit Report Fee$18.00
Recording Fee$175.00
Title - Escrow/Attorney Fees$2,200.00
Flood Certification Fee$6.00
Tax Registration Fee$59.00
Document Preparation Fee$30.00
Processing Fee$195.00
Underwriting Fee$500.00
Title - Messenger Fee$100.00
Appraisal Fee$950.00
Title - Notary Fee$175.00
Title - Lenders Title Insurance$1,017.00
Title - Owners Title Insurance (optional)$2,380.00
Application Fee$500.00
Title - Closing Protection Letter Fee$25.00
Title - Recording Service Fee$13.00

Summary of Charges:$8,343.00

        
Message 14 of 36
youdontkillmoney
Valued Contributor

Revelate

Thanks for Logix quote, seems in line with Wells....I don't have the appetite to open a 3rd credit union account so I will skip Logix....US Bank offers 10% down on 1M too, they also offered a 1st mortgage at $800K and $100K at line of credit (2nd mortgage)...I 'll post details soon (US bank was only bank that offered me the 1st and 2nd mortgage product)

Message 15 of 36
youdontkillmoney
Valued Contributor

This is what US Bank emailed me (plus they attached a Pre-approval letter w/o actually running my credit report, seeing my pay stubs, tax returns, etc; he went by the financial information I emailed him which I what I typed out in the first post above and I thought they were "conservative" lenders):

LOAN OPTIONS 1:

Loan Program: 30 Yr Fixed 80/10/10 (THIS IS THE 80% which will be the 1st Mortgage)
Loan Amount: $800,000
Rate: 3.625%

Payment: $3648.41

Credit from US BANK: $2000

Credit for the Platinum Checking and Savings Accounts: $1000

Total Credit from US BANK: $3000 (this will go towards cost of the loan)

Loan Program:
HELOC (this is the 10% to the loan option above)
Loan Amount: $
Rate: 4.50%

Payment: $375.00

Total Cost: $0.00
(NO COST ON THE HELOC)

LOAN OPTIONS 2:

Loan Program: 30 Yr Fixed LPMI (THIS IS THE 90% which will be the 1st Mortgage; No Private Mortgage Insurance)
Loan Amount: $900,000
Rate: 4.375%

Payment: $4493.57 (you will need to add the following to the payment Taxes: $1041.67 & Insurance $100.00 Total Payment: $5,635.24)

Credit from US BANK: $2250

Credit for the Platinum Checking and Savings Accounts: $1000

Total Credit from US BANK: $3250 (this will go towards cost of the loan)

Items Needed:

• W-2's for 2014 & 2015 (for both you and your wife)
  • Two most recent pay stubs (for both you and your wife)
  • Two month bank statement & retirement accounts (all pages are required; if its 1 of 10 pages I will need all 10 pages)

THIS IS THE PREAPPROVAL LETTER ATTACHED TO THE EMAIL US BANK SENT ME:

(I noticed it is for 2nd mortgage product not the 30-year fixed $1M loan, if I go with US bank I will ask for the 30-yr fixed preapproval letter)

An assessment was performed to determine whether your Income, Credit and Debt Ratio may fit a current U.S. Bank Home Mortgage Loan Program.  Based on the information you provided you are Pre-Approved to borrow the following:

• Loan type and term: 30 Yr Fixed 80/10/10
  • Purchase Price: $1,000,000
  • Loan Amount: $800,000
  • Interest Rate: 3.625%
  • Payment: $3648.41

Pre- Approval Contingencies:

• Fully Executed Purchase Contract
  • Title and Escrow Instructions
  • Quote for Hazard and Fire Insurance
  • Appraisal must be Acceptable by US BANK

Compensating Factors for Pre-Approval:

• Superb Mid Fico: 800
  • Debt-to-Income Ratios satisfy program guidelines
  • Reserves sourced and verified to meet down payment of 10% (liquidity after the down payment is more than sufficient of loan requirements)
  • Excellent Employment History
  • Consistent Sustainable Income  

-----------

(1) So is a 30-yr fixed $900K loan, $100K down better than the 1st mortgage ($800k) + 2nd mortgage (100K home equity line of credit) product......it seems to me I should avoid this product they are pushing, $800K loan with $100K HELOC as it seems more pricey...anyone have thoughts?

(2) is it worth getting 2 pre approvals in case one falls through in underwriting?

(3) is it possible to pit the lower 3.875% wells APR quote against US Bank 4.375%+ rate to get it lower or is that not recommended for mortgage rate shopping?

Message 16 of 36
youdontkillmoney
Valued Contributor

Here is a link to a viewable matrix that compares the 15 financial institutions I looked into for jumbo loans.

I am still waiting for Chase to get back to me, barring something competitive from Chase, I am leaning towards going with Wells Fargo unless US Bank can be more competitive against Wells.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UvCPic8ZnVvvByOuz_NPDabmw7av1ME9tQLGhJaWjik/edit?usp=sharing

Message 17 of 36
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

You can always ask them to match rates, they may not, but some lenders will compete.  

Payment wise the 80/10/10 looks like a good deal, problem is I can't quite figure out how that HELOC payment isn't closer to $500/month if talking 30 year term at that interest rate but maybe I'm flubbing the napkin math.

        
Message 18 of 36
youdontkillmoney
Valued Contributor

Thanks Revelate..I have not done the math to compare US Banks piggyback or 80/10/10 product versus wells fargo 30-year fixed jumbo....I should, I will

Message 19 of 36
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@youdontkillmoney wrote:

Thanks Revelate..I have not done the math to compare US Banks piggyback or 80/10/10 product versus wells fargo 30-year fixed jumbo....I should, I will

Yeah math FTW, rewrote my post as suddenly I got a little confuzzed on that HELOC payment heh but tired and need more alcohol so math isn't my strong suit at the moment Smiley Happy

        
Message 20 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.