cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jumbo loan with less than 15% down payment?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jumbo loan with less than 15% down payment?

I can't seem to find a recent thread -- can anyone tell me where I can find a lender or broker that can help me with this situation?

$850k loan (single family in the NE of MA)

820+ credit scores

$1250/month student loan payments

$17850/month income (not including an annual bonus and a 2-year-old side business that profitted $30k (ish) 1st year and $86k (ish) 2nd year)

We're probably looking at the ability to put $110k down.  It seems like the interest rates are significantly higher when you put less than 15% down?  Where is the best place to go for this?  TIA!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
kc0039
Established Contributor

Re: Jumbo loan with less than 15% down payment?

@Anonymouswrote:

I can't seem to find a recent thread -- can anyone tell me where I can find a lender or broker that can help me with this situation?

$850k loan (single family in the NE of MA)

820+ credit scores

$1250/month student loan payments

$17850/month income (not including an annual bonus and a 2-year-old side business that profitted $30k (ish) 1st year and $86k (ish) 2nd year)

We're probably looking at the ability to put $110k down.  It seems like the interest rates are significantly higher when you put less than 15% down?  Where is the best place to go for this?  TIA!

What are you looking for? Fixed rate or ARM?

Licensed in IL
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

30 yr fixed

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you can join, look into NFCU.  They have loans similar to what you are looking for.  Also, look at SoFi if you haven't already.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

If you can join, look into NFCU.  They have loans similar to what you are looking for.  Also, look at SoFi if you haven't already.

Thank you.  I couldn't tell from their website if non-conforming loans were eligible for their no/low down payment programs.  I'll have to just call.  SoFi doesn't handle MA mortgages, unfortunately.  I went to them first.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

Thank you.  I couldn't tell from their website if non-conforming loans were eligible for their no/low down payment programs.  I'll have to just call.  SoFi doesn't handle MA mortgages, unfortunately.  I went to them first.

Definately, and update after you call them.  A friend of mind use them to get a mortgage for about $950,000 for a house in Greenwich, CT.  I think she put less down than the 15%.  This was about two years ago.  So definately give them a ring.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.