Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jumped the gun with FHA mortgage application after foreclosure

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Jumped the gun with FHA mortgage application after foreclosure

@annanicole wrote:

I CLOSED!!!!!!!!! Smiley HappySmiley Happy Yesterday as scheduled. If I can do it You can too!!!! Thanks everyone for your well wishes. This site has truly been a great resource for me on my journey. Now its time for the Fun stuff!!!! I feel very blessed to have come from where I have and now be able to be a homeowner again, on my own. I am a much wiser person now having been through this all. It was all worth it. I have a home for my three kids with lots of space and a mortgage at a great rate that I can afford comfortably. I did it right this time and I did it on my ownSmiley Happy Thank GOD!!!!!

WOO HOO! Congrats!! I am glad you stated the above....I love reading stories like this!

So when are you/did you start moving?

Message 21 of 29
annanicole

Thanks! It was defintely a learning curve and I don't think I could have progressed without acknowledging the mistakes I have made. One piece of advice I can give for those who are married is to not budget your housing expense around two incomes if you can help it. Better to see what you can afford on just one in the event you lose the second income for whatever reason. Do your research, ask questions, and listen to your inner man when it speaks.

I am currently on a month to month lease. Unfortunately, My kids do not get out of school until the end of May and I will not be allowed to keep them in the same school if I give up my apartment SO I am looking at paying both the mortgage and rent in May. The schools are very strict on zoning. So we will spend our time preping the house, cleaning, painting the rooms(I have all boys and seller appears to have had all girlsSmiley Happy ) I have some funds left over to get some new furniture(the boys share a room now and will each have their own). So will be shopping for bargains.

I am targeting moving in in April and will just commute to our apartment in the mornings for the boys to catch their bus and pick them up in the afternoons. That is the only way to move in sooner without breaking any rules I think. As you can imagine the boys are ready to goSmiley Happy

Message 22 of 29
jdogi
Contributor

Wow.  Congrats.  Just read the whole thread.  You could make a movie out of it. Smiley Wink  It was a saga.

Very happy for you.  Thanks for sharing.

Message 23 of 29
germaine47
Frequent Contributor

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!  I know that it takes a while to adjust to havintg one income.  I am proud that you have found strength in  you journey as a single parent.

Fico September 2012; TU 681, EX 674, EQ 652
Fako October 2012: TU 706, EX 641,
Message 24 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good for you. Congrats.

Message 25 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Omg this is awesome and powerful. This makes me feel like never giving up on this House dream. I am waiting on UW but after reading your information I am very hopeful. I am so happy for you and your kids.

Message 26 of 29
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

That is EPIC~~!!!!

I am so happy for you!!!

I am working right now to get my score up, just a few more points so that i can get approved for FHA! >.<

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 27 of 29
annanicole

Thank you All!!!! I am still in shock.I have been to the house everyday since closing. Did not get much done though...felt a bit overwhelmed and not sure what to do first when there is so much to do. But utilities are on. Pest control is coming tomorrow and then scheduling an inspection with a lawn care service...need some help for the grass. I will just take it one step at the time. I do have 2 months to get it together. Cleaning planned for next weekend and then tackling the painting. Still window shopping getting some ideas on what I want and looking for some good salesSmiley Happy

Message 28 of 29
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

Smiley Very Happy OH WHAT A WONDERFUL FEELING Smiley LOL

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.