Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

June 2015 Closers

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: June 2015 Closers

@mandab5 wrote:

Well we walked away from the house.  The seller refused to budge on the price.  We actually even offered to split the difference with him and offered 270,000 which is above apprasail.  But he declined.  Oh well.  He is going to run into the same problem with the next buyer. We are actually looking at 4 homes this afternoon,  At least underwiting and loan stuff is done.  It will basically be get a new apprasail, inspection, etc. so that shouldn't take to incredibly long.  Just sucks becasue I have to be out by the 15th of July.  Looks like I may be renting a condo for a week or so.  Will update when we find a new home.  Good Luck to everyone.  

I'm sorry to hear that, but I've read many stories here about people that end up glad they lost a house because a way better one came along. Here's hoping it comes along soon!

@wendlan wrote:
Yep 60 day contract and two one week extensions!! And only 2 days before we run out of time again.

We're right there with ya! We had a 60 day contract (4/15 - 6/15) & 1 extension for an overly-pessimistic 45 days (7/31). Here's hoping something happens fast for you!

Message 101 of 150
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just e-signed final disclosure packet! A Friday closing just may happen!
Message 102 of 150
wendlan
Regular Contributor

mandab5 so sorry to hear about your house deal not working out,at least you have remained optomistic and arranged to see more properties! I can't even think about look0ing again if ours doesn't work out.

Message 103 of 150
SRob10
Valued Member

@mandab5 wrote:

Well we walked away from the house.  The seller refused to budge on the price.  We actually even offered to split the difference with him and offered 270,000 which is above apprasail.  But he declined.  Oh well.  He is going to run into the same problem with the next buyer. We are actually looking at 4 homes this afternoon,  At least underwiting and loan stuff is done.  It will basically be get a new apprasail, inspection, etc. so that shouldn't take to incredibly long.  Just sucks becasue I have to be out by the 15th of July.  Looks like I may be renting a condo for a week or so.  Will update when we find a new home.  Good Luck to everyone.  

Mandab5 I'm so sorry to hear about the house falling though. You know this means there is just something bigger and better out there waiting for you. Just like you said the seller will have the same problem no matter who they go under contract with unless they find someone who is willing to pay that large difference. I wish you the best of luck in your new house search and I look forward to seeing that clear to close on the July or August 2015 closing post.

Message 104 of 150
SRob10
Valued Member

Update: I did my final walk though yesterday and found out that I have no hot water in the shower, although there is hot water in all other parts of the house. I panicked all day yesterday and got myself upset before I found out today that the seller went back and fixed it for me (even though they didn't have to and the house is vacant). I got my clear to close......i think lol. The title company called me and stated my loan was ready to close and set up an appointment with me on Friday. I haven't heard a word from my LO and when I called his message states hes out for the week. Smiley Surprised I sent my loan processor an email and she said my loan is out of underwriting so I guess that means I'm good. I really wanted to hear those words "clear to close" but I'll take the keys in its place. Now its time to cheer on all my fellow June closers till we get that clear to close. Smiley LOL

Message 105 of 150
Anonymous
Not applicable

I closed today! Yahoo Smiley Very Happy 

Original closing was scheduled for 6/29, but my absolutely amazing LO was able to get me processed earlier. Fortunately, the sellers were just as excited to close early. I get my keys tomorrow and can't wait to put some paint on the walls (so tired of drab apartment beige and white)

Message 106 of 150
SRob10
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:

Original closing was scheduled for 6/29, but my absolutely amazing LO was able to get me processed earlier. Fortunately, the sellers were just as excited to close early. I get my keys tomorrow and can't wait to put some paint on the walls (so tired of drab apartment beige and white)

Whoop Whoop Congratulations!!!!!!

Message 107 of 150
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SRob10 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Whoop Whoop Congratulations!!!!!!

Thanks! Hoping you get your CTC soon SRob10

Message 108 of 150
CS800
Super Contributor

June will soon end. So far I see a lot of June closers have closed or gotten the CTC already. Who has yet to close?

Message 109 of 150
mwv813
New Visitor

I am happy to say that we have finally scheduled our closing for Tuesday June 30th @1pm.  

Some of you may have followed my story from the May Closers thread.  Long story short, we 'lost' the house due to 2014 tax return transcripts not showing in time.  Our loan was put on hold with Underwriting and when the tax transcripts finally showed the loan needed to go through an all new underwriting process.  Our rate lock expired as well causing our rate to increase .75%!

Our sellers were willing to extend the closing date again, however their seller was not willing to budge so their hands were tied.  Fortunately their real estate agent stepped up to the plate and purchased the house for CASH!  At first I thought he was trying to steal the house from us and flip it for a higher price - our deal was that good - but he actually bought the house $5k lower than our contract and when our lender said he could not flip it to us for a different price than he paid - he agreed to lower our original contract price to what he paid, $200k.  He has been nothing short of amazing, even my realtor is impressed and offered to lower his commission to help make up for the loss by the sellers agent (now our seller).

We have already moved into the house - another thing he agreed to do so we wouldn't have to stay with family for 2 weeks after moving out of our rental house. 

I whole heartedly believe we are meant to be here.  The series of events leading up to this have been so stressful, I was ready to throw in the towel and just rent again, but it has all been worth it.  Everything happens for a reason.  If you lose a house and it is meant to be, events will happen to make sure you get that house.

Smiley Wink 

Starting FICO 8 Score: EQ: 604 TU: 607 EX: 572 03/26/15
Current FICO 8 Score: EQ: 678 TU: 705 EX: 678 05/08/17
Goal FICO 8 Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 110 of 150
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.