Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

June 2015 Closers

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: June 2015 Closers

well our deal fell thru. seller decided to be shady and change things last minute. Seller agent told my agent seller does not want to sell anymore and will do anything to cancel deal so we walked out. Good thing we found a better house and are set to close july 22nd

Message 51 of 150
wendlan
Regular Contributor

That is terrible about your first deal falling thru but if you found a better house maybe it was for the better...I don't know if I can even look at another house if our deal falls thru which could happen...we will not be closing on time June 15th and will need an extension if the seller agrees
Message 52 of 150
CS800
Super Contributor

@SRob10 wrote:

Finally after a denial during underwriting last year I am finally at a point where I can say I am confident about this mortgage process (not too confident of course). My information has been submitted to underwriting and I have a conditional approval. When I asked the lender about the conditions they stated it was internal and nothing was needed from me, anybody ever heard of this before? After lurking for over a year I think I'm ready to finally post here. I'm just happy I made it this far. Mortgage scores at time of application TU658, EQ668, EX688

Yes many banks have internal closing conditions that they have to process and it's actually a good thing. That means that everyting needed from you has been obtained and/or cleared. They need to do their thing internally.

Message 53 of 150
SRob10
Valued Member

Thanks for responding CS800 these internal conditions suck. I feel like I have no control over the situation because they didn't ask for anything (which is crazy to complain about I know). I spoke with the LO Monday and he said 3-5 days so I'll call back Friday and bug him. I'm wishing everyone best wishes and I can't wait for this to be over so I can laugh about it. Lol 😯
Message 54 of 150
aymst1
Established Member

Updated conditions from lender: verification of employment, invoice from home insurance, missing signature from explanation letter. They need to be done before closing on 6/22. Realtor says seller has finished making repairs. Just playing the waiting game now...

Message 55 of 150
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

well our deal fell thru. seller decided to be shady and change things last minute. Seller agent told my agent seller does not want to sell anymore and will do anything to cancel deal so we walked out. Good thing we found a better house and are set to close july 22nd

Is there anything akin to buyer side escrow in the typical real estate transaction on the seller's part?

In looking through the documentation the title company sent me it appeared as though there might be, but I wouldn't have walked without my pound of flesh... that may just be my experiance as a first time homebuyer with a purchase agreement for a place with an unclear title but the seller just suddenly welshing, meh.

Glad you found a better house though!

        
Message 56 of 150
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@CS800 wrote:

@SRob10 wrote:

Finally after a denial during underwriting last year I am finally at a point where I can say I am confident about this mortgage process (not too confident of course). My information has been submitted to underwriting and I have a conditional approval. When I asked the lender about the conditions they stated it was internal and nothing was needed from me, anybody ever heard of this before? After lurking for over a year I think I'm ready to finally post here. I'm just happy I made it this far. Mortgage scores at time of application TU658, EQ668, EX688

Yes many banks have internal closing conditions that they have to process and it's actually a good thing. That means that everyting needed from you has been obtained and/or cleared. They need to do their thing internally.

Ah interesting; a couple things like that showed up on my conditional approval letter (documenting any inquiries in the last 4 months) and when I asked my LO about it as I had zero inquiries within the last 120+ days, he said that one was for him to take care of.  Guessing it was boilerplate and perhaps similar to what you're referring to?

        
Message 57 of 150
CS800
Super Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

@SRob10 wrote:

Ah interesting; a couple things like that showed up on my conditional approval letter (documenting any inquiries in the last 4 months) and when I asked my LO about it as I had zero inquiries within the last 120+ days, he said that one was for him to take care of.  Guessing it was boilerplate and perhaps similar to what you're referring to?

Yes just like we have to submit papers/docs for UW to review and clear, banks have their own checklist that they need to do in order to make sure that all the paperworks are ready to be sent to the title company for closing.

Banks have 3 stages for a mortgage approval process:

-  Application

- Conditional approval conditions

- Final Approval Conditions

Application:

You apply and send in W-2, paystubs, investment docs, driver's license etc.. and they upload to your file for to be submitted to UW

Conditional Approval:

Happens when UW has cleared all the conditions that you had tom meet that were classified under - conditional approval

Final Approval:

Once UW has cleared all conditional approval items, they move on to items that they classfied as required to be cleared for Final approval. They will ask more docs, need you sign sign letters of explanations etc

Once all final approval conditions are cleared, they review all the items one last time and do their internal things. Thenk send to title company to close.

Message 58 of 150
CS800
Super Contributor

@SRob10 wrote:
Thanks for responding CS800 these internal conditions suck. I feel like I have no control over the situation because they didn't ask for anything (which is crazy to complain about I know). I spoke with the LO Monday and he said 3-5 days so I'll call back Friday and bug him. I'm wishing everyone best wishes and I can't wait for this to be over so I can laugh about it. Lol 😯

I hear ya. You know you get used to being asked 100 docs and explanations then all of a sudden it goes blank and you're like 'waht's wrong ????'

The internal conditions are just the bank aligning the necessary docs on their end and making sure that everything is aligned with the docs you submitted so they can send to the title company for closing. Generally takes a few days. It's alike UW double checking themselves.

But once all your 'final conditions' have cleared with UW, you shouldn't stress on their internal conditions.

Take a breather amd sail to your closing date.

I don't see many June closers on here.

Message 59 of 150
Jenny

Home Location: Denver, CO

Purchase Price: $299k

Property type: Single family home, 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, 2-car attached garage

Lender Name: Fairway Mortgage

Notes about Lender: They got it all done and very quickly, but communication was lackluster

Type of Loan: FHA

Approved on: 04-15-2015

Submitted Offer on: 05-08-2015

Ratified Contract on: 05-09-2014

Ernest Money Deposit:  $4000

Inspection: 06-12-2015

Purchase contract addendums: After inspection objection, sellers replaced furnace and installed sump pump

Loan Rate: 4.5%

Survey Ordered: 

Survey Completed: 

Application submitted: -

Loan Processing: -

Appraisal Ordered: 05-20-2015

Appraisal Completed: 05-26-2015

Mortgage Commitment Letter:

Went to underwriting: 05-26-2015

Underwriting Complete: 06-01-2015

Final Approval: 
Walk Through: 06-09-2015

Closing Date: 06-09-2015

Notes: This was our 7th offer during the span of 6 weeks. The Denver market is highly competitive and we were up against 5-30 offers on each home with each accepted price soaring above asking price. Our agent suggested we find an overpriced home with more than a week on the market and no offers. Her idea proved to be what worked for us and we were able to get the home for asking price plus $6k in seller consessions and ~$3000 in repairs. We used and NHF Grant which took care of our down payment and any additional closing costs that could not be paid by the seller. We received our $4000 earnest money back as well as a batch of fresh baked cookies at closing. (=

Message 60 of 150
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.