Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

June 2016 Closers

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: June 2016 Closers

@Aprile421 wrote:

Got my official close date which is 06/28/16 exactly 20 days from signing purchase agreement and sending in loan app on a FHA much faster than I ever thought it would be. I had posted here in another post asking if they could really close me in 30days and if all goes well I can answer my own question Smiley Happy

Same here! Just got an email stating we're clear to close on our Closing Date of June 28th. Having a good LO and all your ducks in the row really helps make the process super easy.

Message 41 of 67
Aprile421
Regular Contributor

I agree! This board has helped me more than I can express. Because of the advice I have gotten here. I was able to have things ready before they even asked for them. My LO told me today I had the perfect application and documentation. She said she had never had anyone pro actively send her answers to questions she hadn't even asked yet.

Example: They wanted my April-May bank statements. I knew I had deposits on there they would question so I went ahead wrote a letter of explanation with copies of the deposit slips and included them with my bank statements so they did not have to waste time asking me. Another thing I did was created an advance paper trail for my easnest money and downpayment funds. I knew that in order to write a check for my earnest money and downpayment I had to move the cash from my savings to my checking account. I provided her with my savings account page with running total and transactions to show the money was in my savings account, the transfer made to my checking account, a copy of my checking running transactions with the dates showing transfer of funds into the checking from my savings and the cleared earnest check with copies of both sides of check.

I have learned a lot in this process and to say getting a mortgage is overwhelming is an understatement. But in the long run it is worth every headache.

Message 42 of 67
Chickenpotpie
Frequent Contributor

• Purchase Price: 285,000
  • Property Type: Single Family
  • Signed Contract : 05/16/2016
  • Type of Loan: FHA
  • Loan Amount: 279,837
  • Loan Rate: 3.75
  • Loan Application Submitted: can't remember, I've been working with the mortage broker since November 2015!
  • Loan Approved: 6/2/2016  Approved but contintent on reappraisal  reappraisal  on 6/13
  • Committment Letter Received:
  • Closing Date:  June 30, 2016
  • Closed On: Pending

well according to what I have from my agent, I will get clear to close by Monday, close June 30. 

Our situation is a bit weird in that we didn't use the sale of our house to pay for this one.  its taking much longer than it should.   We decided to not go conventional for a couple of reasons, the house issue being on of them, plus, I could carry everything on my own if needed.  So I went FHA as it was offered by the lender.

I like the lender I'm with and they explained a lot.  they also made me give them all the documentation up front and told me to keep my nose clean through the process.

We could NOT use him as his DTI is horrid.  we're partnered, not legally married so can make paperwork quite interesting.   its the other reason why I went this route alone.

All is good.  my mid number was pulled in april 736 Went under contract in may, did  the inspection and appraisal (came back with issues that the seller fixed) DTI is much better than I started as I got a 9% pay raise June 1. Mid number also went up as I really worked hard to keep my card balances well under 30%.  Discover recently gave me a raise which is also pretty damn awesome!    Savings has always been good and apparently I get a bit of money back at closing!

Lets hope it all goes well.    Appraisal came in right on target, the house is 285K. Very nervous as I've seen some horror stories about it goes to crap at closing.   Did a total of 6 days of yard sales and man, I didn't even realize we had that much stuff!

Keep us in your thoughts and fingers crossed!

Message 43 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sending you ~*~ clear to close ~*~ vibes Chickenpotpie Smiley Happy

Exciting so many of you are getting ready to close here soon!

I'm *still* waiting for UW. I'm starting to feel pessimistic about the whole thing.. my stuff is very cut and dried, one job I've had for 6 years, one bank account, one 401(k), no baddies, I'm under the DTI not by loads but I *am* under, credit scores hovering around 700... I turned in *everything* I could think of and have been sending in updated statements as I get them so I'm like.. this should be an easy UW determination, either I do or I don't. Not sure why the delay in some kind of answer... earlier in the week my LO said she was pretty sure they'd be done by the end of the week, she feels confident, told me very rarely does she have a denial.. but...lol (I'm a big worrier anymore)

Hope everyone has a great weekend, I'm going to have some wine, go to the Pride parade, and try not to think about this whole house thing! Smiley Happy

Message 44 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

We're in the same boat...waiting for underwriting. We're supposed to be closing in the 27th and I'm getting a bit nervous.

Message 45 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

holdendh, here's hoping we both hear something today! Smiley Happy I was told "the week of the 27th" but my realtor is trying to get it the 27th. I don't think that's going to happen at this point lol (because I have the OHFA to get through too, which usually takes a couple days after UW is done from my understanding) but hopefully that week is doable if everything comes back okay from UW.

Message 46 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved!! Smiley Happy

but we need a second appraisal because it was a flip. Oh well, least I know it's gonna happen lol might push closing back a bit though. But WOOHOO!! Smiley Happy

Message 47 of 67
theheater30
Contributor

Just found out from my builder that we most likely won't be closing by the 30th =( it keeps getting pushed back! They won't even give me a definitive date! Looks like I might have to join the July closers.... The inside is done, it's just landscaping left... I don't see how that could take that much longer!

Also, my lender said I am CTC right now but if I don't close by the 30th I will have to go back through the underwriter?? Is that normal? Plus my rate lock expires July 7th!

Ugh I just want this to end and be in my home.. been waiting since December =(

Sorry all I had to vent!

Message 48 of 67
Chickenpotpie
Frequent Contributor

@theheater30, sorry to hear about this.     I really don't know if you'd have to go back through underwriting though, no experience with that one, but yeah go ahead and see about extending the rate lock.   I'm sure the lender is used to that...lol

I got my clear to close on Monday so I'm happy.  Got my paperwork from the lender today.  Now its just the move.  Our move is cross country so a pain in the rear. 

Message 49 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

I heard from my realtor yesterday...closing time has been set for 11am on Monday. I haven't heard yet from the loan officer so I sent an email to him and the processor. I keep telling myself that no news is good news.....

Message 50 of 67
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.