Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: June 2017 closers

Congratulations to all of you!!!!!
Message 71 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got the CD today! Still waiting on USDA though, was suppose to have it back today.. Nerves are shot at this point.

Message 72 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

"Slightly" frustrated and livid right now. Should have received closing disclosure today. Instead was told that there is a delay due to an addendum regarding seller paid closing costs and the selling price (price is lowered by amount equal to the difference between actual closing cost and what seller agreed to pay - hope I said that correctly).

Anyway, Monday is out. This despite having 3 full weeks to prepare for this and multiple times of prodding multiple people to make sure this very thing would not happen and multiple assurances it would not. We have to go back through underwriting and QA and then closing again.

I've asked for an expedited "on steroids" process. No hard promises yet. Wrote the LO an email to share with others so they know just what this means to me - short story, more than they likely think about from day to day. 

Should know more tomorrow. 

Message 73 of 81
Caldric
New Contributor

Closed today with NFCU 150K condo zero down. Was painless besides waiting on appraisal! NFCU was awesome all the way through only had 3 or 4 phone calls during the whole process, closing had about 10 pages of paperwork they really cut the red tape down.

Oh Applied 4/21 approved 4/23 found home 4/31 and contract signed by both 5/3 we were both motivated I gave full price with seller paying closing. Was on market 88 days. 5/7 or so sent repair request already had inspection. 5/9 accept repairs. 5/15 paid for appraisal 6/16 appraisal came back at exact amount... go figure. Closed 6/27.

Message 74 of 81
Caldric
New Contributor

Oh and thank you Myfico members you are the greatest knowledge in the world on credit, went from low 500's to 700's took a few years but cleaned it all up and now I have everything I wanted. Big Thanks to you all.

Message 75 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well we were suppose to close on the 30th, but found out today ours was randomly selected for USDA audit =(

Message 76 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I closed last week but since it was a refi funding was yesterday. Slight hiccup in funding since someone thought my first mortgage was a HELOC so they were sending a check vs a wire. I had called to make sure the wires had gone yesterday since I hadn't gotten my refi cash back. While on the phone the title agendt caught it. He voided the check and requested a wire. I got my wire a few hours later. I now own my own home (vs having my ex on title and mortgage) BEST feeling. I am also redoing my deck, adding a privacy fence around the whole yard, putting in a new shed, putting a new gazebo on the new deck (costco kit) that will be screened so basically a cheaish way to have a screened in porch, installing new hardwoods on my main level, redoing my electrical box (needed) and last but not least installing a hot tub. 

Message 77 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

We have our clear to close! Finally my first home.

Message 78 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quite the week. Closing delayed until Friday. Got the CD yesterday and a revised and correct CD today. Prior to that, after saying we had too much in credits they said I needed $3100 cash to close. That has been corrected and we are getting cash back at closing. Payments are about $75 lower than estimated as well. So if it goes off without a hitch through Friday I'll be satisfied overall. Supposed to sign, fund, and record all on Friday. Wish me luck.

We are going ahead with the move tomorrow, thanks to the sellers being agreeable to that. So that's another positive. (After this week I need all positives, but...)

The movers called today - the day before moving - and claimed they made a mistake and instead of $1100 it was going to cost $2500 (it was actually estimated to be < $1000. Amazingly, I kept my cool through all of this and to avoid a standoff negotiated a price I could live with ($1400).

Getting most of our new furniture next week. Some will be delayed by a week or two. 

Rough week, but I finally can put my head down tonight with some assuredness. 

I knew everything had been too picture perfect up until last week and actually told my wife that it was too perfect - something had to go wrong. Thankfully, all seems to be on track again. 

Message 79 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

We finally signed, funded, and recorded today. I'll have to post about the experience.

Message 80 of 81
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.