Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just Started and Already Issues

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just Started and Already Issues

As of Friday, both my husband and mine credit was pulled for pre-approval. We have pretty good credit scores my mid score was 752 and his was 667. However, there is a collection account that is on his credit with dispute comments. We have no idea where these comments came from as we never disputed the item. Instead of the LO telling me on Friday that this would be an issue, she just sent me our credit reports and never said anything.

As of today, she told me that we needed to have it "taken care of". I had no idea what "taken care of" means. Does this mean that we should pay it or should we try to get the comments deleted. Her response was you can do one of the other.

I am so confused and she is offering no help, she didn't even know that we already signed a contract with the Castle Rock Homes.  I already feel like she is not going to  be helpful in the process at all, but we were sent to this lender by the Castle Rock and if we are financed with them, the Castle Rock  will pay our closing costs.

Can someone tell me what we should do? How do we begin to even get the dispute comments deleted?

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Re: Just Started and Already Issues

You need to know which report the comments are listed, then call up the credit report people and ask them to remove it.

Takes about 30 days.

Message 2 of 18
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

If the collection account isn't paid; I would send them a PFD letter. Maybe you can get it paid and deleted. Is it a large amount?
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's $952.

Message 4 of 18
DCole3g
New Contributor

I would negotiate payoff with CA and try PFD.  It never hurts to try!!!

Message 5 of 18
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Pay for delete is what I would do first.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 6 of 18
DemoBox
Established Member

I would start off by finding a different LO.  They can't exactly tell you what to do, but they can at least give you some options and try to guide you.  The bank you are going through probably wants that paid off, but with your credit scores, you can definitely find a bank that will give you a loan and not need you to pay that off.  I would shop around some more if you have the time.  Best of luck

Message 7 of 18
beb86
Valued Contributor

Try a PFD and if that doesnt work ask the LO if underwriting requires it to be paid off or last option you could go off your income and credit only if your income is good enough to support the DTI 

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok.So today we contacted the agency and I paid a settlement for half of the balance. The CA told me that they would fax me a letter on tomorrow saying that the account had been paid and that they report to the credit bureaus the first of every month. She also told me that I can take the letter and send it to the credit bureaus to try to get a speedy deletion.

I hope I did the right think and I'm keeping my finger's crossed. 

Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would love to go with a different lender, but in order for the home builder to pay our closing costs we have to go with the lender that they choose...Ughhh!!! So far I am not impressed with the LO, but I'm going to reach out to her on tomorrow.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.