Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just Started and Already Issues

tag
GregB
Valued Contributor

Re: Just Started and Already Issues

In general, If the lender was anything better than terrible, they wouldn't be willing to work for the pittance that the builder is willing to pay.

The builder normally is willing to pay their costs because they work cheap. You are getting what you are paying for. You have the choice to get better but it will cost a bunch more. If it helps you feel better, even the next step up in lender quality will be pretty poor. Very hard to find a really good lender.

Message 11 of 18
jasimae
Frequent Contributor

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but unless the letter specifically states that they have agreed to deleting the account then it won't come off of your reports.  The collection agency is the one that has to contact the CRA to delete the account.  Merely by you faxing the CRA the letter won't have the debt removed, just updated to reflect a zero balance.  AND, the collection agency can even indicate on your report that it was "SETTLED FOR A LESSER AMOUNT".  It seems to me, although I could be incorrect, that the only thing this did was settle the account, not remove it.  If that was your intention all along then I suppose you succeeded, but if you were trying to get a PFD, it doesn't seem like you got it.  Again, I could be wrong.

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I spoke with my LO and she told me that setting was the perfect thing to do. We didn't have to have it deleted but it did need to be paid. We received a our letter and I sent it to the LO and she will work with the credit agencies to have the info updated. So everything seems to be ok.
Message 13 of 18
beb86
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I spoke with my LO and she told me that setting was the perfect thing to do. We didn't have to have it deleted but it did need to be paid. We received a our letter and I sent it to the LO and she will work with the credit agencies to have the info updated. So everything seems to be ok.

If the have already prescreened you (pre-qual.pre-approval) the just want to see a 0 in the past due or outstading. Settling isn't the best option when going to a new lender but there more concerned that you dont have any outstanding balances. Mine didnt even bat and eye or mention my one settled account and when I did ask the lender about it he told me the above statement. 

Hope this helps but always remember YMMV so you never know 

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

We have signed our loan application and the requested paperwork has been submitted. My husband and I are on pins and needles waiting to hear if they will require additional paperwork.

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Closing Process

My LP told me that my loan would go for underwriting on Tuesday morning and she would call us if additional paperwork was required,  So far I haven't heard anything from her. We are doing a new construction and they have our closing date as 12/14. We are keeping our fingers crossed!!!

Message 16 of 18
mkm77
Regular Contributor

Re: Closing Process

I'm a Loan Officer and all lenders now a days follow guidelines set by Fannie Mae...Mostly the collection account itself is ok. It's the dispute comment that Fannie Mae doesn't like. Either the creditor or you can have that comment placed. What some collection agencies are doing is placing the dispute comments on your file and refusing to remove them until paid. Not sure if that is legal but its what they are doing to force some to pay. You can actually get these comments removed by contacting the CRA's directly but sometimes and often they will not help. Go straight to the original creditor and they often can request it be removed.

Message 17 of 18
User273165
Regular Contributor

Re: Closing Process

I have written a letter to the CRA stating that I do not dispute the said account and wish to have the dispute comments removed.  I was told that if you were going to apply for a mortgage you cannot have any dispute comments on your report.  If you need a sample letter and an example of what I sent to the CRA just PM me and I will send it your way.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.