Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just getting started, aiming toward homeownership

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just getting started, aiming toward homeownership

Hi there,

I have decided that I need to get my act together and see if I will ever be able to buy a place of my own.  Does anybody know the lowest FICO score that would qualify for an FHA loan?  Are any lenders these days open to a 610-620 range?  I have lots of baddies that are quite old, and have been paying on time on all current accounts for about two and a half years.   Do I have a snowball's chance in he!!?

Thanks for the advice. 

Laurel

EQ:611

TU:609

EX: 607

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just getting started, aiming toward homeownership

Oh and by the way, I make about $78,000 gross/yr.
Message 2 of 5
WannaHouse
Valued Contributor

Welcome to the forums!

Yes, you do appear to have a fair chance of qualifying! I would try to get your scores up just a tad if you can, but I think you can qualify for FHA as is!!

Now, that does of course depend on what your overall DTI is.

I will find Shanes thread to help you post the answers that are needed to figure out where you stand.

Kathy

We are finally homeowners!!

Closed May 5th-30 yr fixed at 5.25%.

Message 3 of 5
WannaHouse
Valued Contributor

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=loans&thread.id=26264

Kathy

We are finally homeowners!!

Closed May 5th-30 yr fixed at 5.25%.

Message 4 of 5
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi there,

I have decided that I need to get my act together and see if I will ever be able to buy a place of my own.  Does anybody know the lowest FICO score that would qualify for an FHA loan?  Are any lenders these days open to a 610-620 range?  I have lots of baddies that are quite old, and have been paying on time on all current accounts for about two and a half years.   Do I have a snowball's chance in he!!?

Thanks for the advice. 

Laurel

EQ:611

TU:609

EX: 607

There are still lenders doing FHA with a 580 score but each day a few more lenders are requiring a 600 or 620 minimum middle score.  What are your monthly payments?  Need to know that in addition to your income, and where you are buying would help too.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.