cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just got final approval from UW!!!...CLOSED!

tag
ralbusta
Frequent Contributor

Just got final approval from UW!!!...CLOSED!

I didn't want to post until now cause I didn't want to jinx myself, but I just got word that we've received final approval on our FHA loan and are good to close this Friday afternoon.

I have been following along with most of your journeys and have to say that mine was relatively smooth. If closing goes as planned on Friday, total time from contract to closing will be about 30 days. And it was only that long because the house wasn't finished yet.

I have to say that after hearing some of your stories as well as my brother's experience last year, I have to count myself lucky. All I can say to everyone still waiting is, don't sweat it. The most pressure in the whole homebuying experience is the pressure you bring upon yourself, at least it was in my case.

Now hopefully the only question I have to ask myself is: To amend taxes or wait till next year.

I will update after closing on Fri.. Thanks to everyone for their assistance! 

Message Edited by ralbusta on 07-17-2009 07:21 PM
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just got final approval from UW!!!

Responsible, new homeowners are good news anytime, but particulary today. Bravo, and enjoy!

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!!!  It's such a great feeling, isn't it?  We are closing on Friday too.  We got the final approval on Friday and are just waiting for our HUD so that I know how much to bring to closing.  We can't wait!
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations, very exciting!
Message 4 of 10
RABQUE
Regular Contributor

Congrats!!.....I cant wait until I am at that point…I am hoping my file goes to the UW today or tomorrow….This is a very scary tedious process!!

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Message 6 of 10
ralbusta
Frequent Contributor

Closed today! Loan funded, deed recorded, keys in hand!!
Message 7 of 10
gpeach
Regular Contributor

Re: Just got final approval from UW!!!...CLOSED!

Congrats!
Message 8 of 10
WannaHouse
Valued Contributor

@ralbusta wrote:
Closed today! Loan funded, deed recorded, keys in hand!!

Woo Hoo!!!  WTG!

Whens the party?

Kathy

We are finally homeowners!!

Closed May 5th-30 yr fixed at 5.25%.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!!! I'm with WannaHouse, when's the party? I'll bring the fruit salad!!! LOL
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.