Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just great. WAMU strikes again.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just great. WAMU strikes again.

Hi all,

I have to say, if I didn't have bad luck, I would have no luck at all. I recently modified my loan with WAMU. It was approved on June 1st, 2008. i was told not to make any payment in June, that my next payment is due Sept 1st. So, with that I didn't. I started to recieve some late notices via US mail, but was told to disregard them. Ok, not a problem. What I didn't expect was a 30 day late entry on my CRs that happened today. Why me? I hope this isn't going to be a problem getting this removed.

Beware of WAMU bearing gifts.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just great. WAMU strikes again.

i used to work at wamu and knew people in the credit corrections area.  i would stronglt advise you to send them a letter or better yet contact customer service and ask them to open a service request for your credit corrections and explain to the agent what took place and i will bet you 10 to none that they will correct your credit as a priority. However, it is important that you state this is a priority matter and this needs to be handled asap and they will open a priority service request.Smiley Wink

Once you get everything corrected on your credit report please make a check payable to Miss1975 in the amount of $2.00Smiley Very Happy...j/kSmiley Tongue
Message 2 of 3
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Just great. WAMU strikes again.

if those statements from them telling you to ignore the late notices werent in writing..... then you will have a harder time.
but it sounds like you were in communication with them all along..... so you should start with the people who told you to not make a payment.... and get them to reply to you via email regarding their advice to you.... maybe you can use that when you get to the people who can correct this mistake.

good luck.
keep us posted.

Retired Lender
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.