cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just learned something from another thread. . .

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just learned something from another thread. . .

So I'm looking to get my preapproval.  I stupidly let a broker pull my report and give me my mid score last month which was 626.  I want to do everything I can to keep my score up (and maybe get it higher?) but realize that it isnt known how much a hard pulls dings you.  So I'll wait a bit longer and hopefully the preapproval pull wont bring it below 620. 

Now, I just charged one CC to 50% util ($400 CL) and the other to 33%util ($750 CL) (gosh I've learned a lot here! thanks guys!). There was a post saying the CC I have reports at end of month (2 days from now) and scores are highest when one CC is at/below 9% and others are 0.

My question is:  should I take the money out of savings to pay the CC's off or will that look bad to the lender?  Which would be worse?  Having a higher util or them seeing I pull money out of savings?  Does that even matter? I know they want to see a steady savings for at least 2 months (right?)

Help, I'm a newbie. . .

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
GFer
Valued Contributor

Re: Just learned something from another thread. . .

Paying those cards down will help you in several ways. Raise your score, save you interest, and lower your dti (debt to income ratio). And what this means is; you will probably qualify for more house because you have less money going out!

As long as you still have what you need for initial pre-paids, down payment, and closing costs--I would definitely pay those cards down. Your scores are fine if mid score is 626, but the higher your score is, the 'stronger file' you have! 

EQ 817, EX 815, TU 813 (Updated 1/5/18: TU 843

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.