Just pulled scores- UGH

My husband and I just pulled our scores from myFICO. Our mortgage scores are:

DH:

EQ 716

EX 723

Me:

EQ 691

EX 613

That 613 just kills me. I had an unpaid credit card reporting to only EX and TU for $250. Called the OC, they sent me to a CA, who is not reporting. I paid them and they said the OC will report the payment in 30 days. Once I receive the confirmation of payment letter in 15 days, should I have our LO pull our credit? Can she use that letter as proof of payment before they actually report it? I am so mad at my younger self that I am screwing up our mortgage hopes for $250!! Any guidance? Anything else I can do?

Forgot to say- the collections person I spoke to said she has never seen my OC delete a tradeline, but I see success stories for them over on the Rebuilding thread, so that doesn't make sense to me. Guess I will just have to keep bugging them and hopefully they will delete.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

Re: Just pulled scores- UGH

you realize that your mid-score could possibly be 613?  If TU and EX are reporting something that EQ isn't, you should assume that TU will also show up on the lower end of that spectrum.

You should try to have the OC remove the TL altogether.  You want to at least try to get to 620 for an FHA loan.

AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 2 of 4
webs0082
Valued Member

I just pulled TU now that it's available and it was 651. Whew! Not ideal, but much better than 613. Now just waiting on 2 credit card statements to cut and report and I will have my LO pull my scores for pre approval for an FHA loan. Hopefully that 651 will go up with the lower utilization and we will be good to go. Fingers crossed!

Message 3 of 4
Creditobsessed12
Frequent Contributor

The OC rarely removes trade lines unless it's a really old account. There must be something else in your credit becasue 613 and only one CO is pretty low. My hsuband has a recent CO for $124 and his scores are all above 700. Best of luck with your mortgage keep us posted!
11/30/14 EQ 545 TU 573 EX 602 01/15 EQ 545 TU 586 EX 589
02/15 EQ 643 TU 627 EX 669 03/05/2015 EQ 708 TU 744 EX 707
05/2017 EQ 659 TU 676 EX 683
Goal: 700s across the board Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.