Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just wanted to share my experience

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wanted to share my experience

I just wanted to share my experience so far, it may help someone. I have never been so nervous in my life, than I am now!!! I am set to close on my current home and new home on December 7. We sold our current house in 2 days, inspection found only 2 minor issues, and appraised at purchase price. We also put an offer on a new build. Waiting for appraisal to come back this week hopefully. Everything has been smooth sailing, and it all just seems too good to be true. I do hope I’m wrong. At the end of September, the situation seemed hopeless. My middle mortgage score was 573, not even good enough for FHA. My credit challenges included late payments, including 4 mortgage lates that are nearly a year old now. After paying down cc balances, I found out end of October that my middle score was 625! I was preapproved for FHA. We found the house we wanted and listed our house. My LO did another pull last week (my student loans are not showing up on my credit report since my servicer is switching- not sure when the new one will report) and my mid score was 642! I told my LO that i was nervous that my score went up because the student loans were not on there, but he did submit all the information about them including documentation of them switching, total amounts, etc. It came back with conditional approval after 1 day! The things they wanted were very simple, updated bank statement and pay stub. The last piece we are waiting for it the appraisal, but my LO says he feels confident because it is a new build. I AM SO NERVOUS!! This has taken over my mind completely and I don’t think I’ll be better until i get the keys. I’m nervous about every little thing that could go wrong. I feel like I’m on shaky ground because less than 2 months ago, my score was abysmal. Now they’re telling me everything’s looking good for me to close on my dream house! I’m scared some long lost medical bill will hit my credit! I’m scared the student loans from my new servicer will pop up on there and they will do a hard pull even though they have all the documentation about them, and my score will drop. I’m just plain scared! I will update either way on what the outcome is.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just wanted to share my experience

It looks good. Our scores started low and we had to get them up as well. Also, from my understanding, collection agencies find out when a person is buying a home and then put it on your credit bureaus to get you to pay TUH! LOL. It doesnt always happen though.  It did for me and a collection popped up. Luckily for me, my company didnt repull credit after the first time. They did subscribe to a monitoring service that monitors new inquires only so we were good on that end. Good luck to you.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.