Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LMH6 HomeBuying Journal

tag
lmh6
New Contributor

LMH6 HomeBuying Journal

I have been debating back and forth for weeks on if I'm actually going to apply for the mortgage.  Moreso, fear of rejection after working so hard over the past 1 1/2 year getting everything I could cleaned up and removed mostly by myself (using this board for suggestions).  

So, I reached out to several mortgage brokers and banks and decided that Chase would offer me the better rate and discounts (because I'm a checking customer I can get discounts on having auto payments and cash back annually).

I called the LO several times over the past two months, clarifying their requirements and making sure I understood what they would be looking for.  I bit the bullet and applied a couple of days ago and the LO called me yesterday to verify some info AND issued me the prequal letter.  I was sooooo excited I almost cried.  I understand that this isn't over and I still have a long way to go, but even getting this far is such an accomplishment for me.

I am going to gather all the necessary documents and schedule an appointment to get the PreApproval done, and get an appointment with a realtor to start officially looking for my 1st home.  I get all warm and fuzzy saying that!

Thanks for reading and all of the encouragement (mostly indirect by you guys posting on everyones posts)

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Re: I got my pre qualification letter yesterday from Chase Mortgage!

Congratulations on that fine achievement.

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. It sure feels good to get approved Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lmh6 wrote:

I have been debating back and forth for weeks on if I'm actually going to apply for the mortgage.  Moreso, fear of rejection after working so hard over the past 1 1/2 year getting everything I could cleaned up and removed mostly by myself (using this board for suggestions).  

So, I reached out to several mortgage brokers and banks and decided that Chase would offer me the better rate and discounts (because I'm a checking customer I can get discounts on having auto payments and cash back annually).

I called the LO several times over the past two months, clarifying their requirements and making sure I understood what they would be looking for.  I bit the bullet and applied a couple of days ago and the LO called me yesterday to verify some info AND issued me the prequal letter.  I was sooooo excited I almost cried.  I understand that this isn't over and I still have a long way to go, but even getting this far is such an accomplishment for me.

I am going to gather all the necessary documents and schedule an appointment to get the PreApproval done, and get an appointment with a realtor to start officially looking for my 1st home.  I get all warm and fuzzy saying that!

Thanks for reading and all of the encouragement (mostly indirect by you guys posting on everyones posts)

Congrats! I keep getting emails from them to apply, but little do they know that I do not plan on applying for any home loan until next fall.

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Thats amazing news!!

Message 5 of 16
lmh6
New Contributor

I think I'm going to use this thread to document my process, so when it's your time you will know how my experience with them goes.

@Anonymous wrote:

@lmh6 wrote:

Congrats! I keep getting emails from them to apply, but little do they know that I do not plan on applying for any home loan until next fall.

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!  How exciting to start the home buying journey after working so hard. 

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats here too!

Message 8 of 16
lmh6
New Contributor

A lot has happened over the past few weeks.

Found & met with a realtor on Monday 6/29.  She showed us a home on 7/2 that was just PERFECT IN EVERY WAY POSSIBLE!  That was my home...no need to look elsewhere, no need to look any longer.

Put in an offer on 7/3 (took a night to sleep on it just to be sure).  Also got Chase to submit a pre approval, because apparently the pre qualification means little to nothing

offer countered, I countered the counter...they accepted the second offer!  yay!!!!  They asked $259k, I got the house for $255k + all closing costs paid by seller

Purchase agreement signed on 7/3

Met with Chase LO today, 7/6 to complete the full application.  Going FHA with 3.5% down. 

Home Inspection scheduled for tomorrow 7/7.

Closing scheduled for 8/14/15.  Now I wait........

Message 9 of 16
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Congratulations!  Time to do the happy dance Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.