Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LO Out for Blood!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

LO Out for Blood!

Okay so I need to know if I should take this any further!   Before I started shopping for houses I received a preapproval letter from a LO at Wells Fargo.  I found a house and put an offer in with the letter, well the offer was accepted on the house and since then (it's been over 2 months) I have decided to go through a broker.  Wells Fargo was "offering" me 7% with 1 point a month ago with an FHA, the broker was able to get me in at 5.875% 0 points.

Well two nights ago my fiance receives a phone call from the original Wells Fargo LO asking why we didn't use her.  Mind you she never spoke to him the two weeks we were going back and forth to get the approval.  Then my agent called me yesterday to tell me this same LO emailed the listing agent telling him we were getting our loan illegaly and we don't qualify for the purchase price!

Through our broker we are going with an FHA Wells Fargo loan, so this old LO can probably pull up everything on us!  I was extremely mad yesterday when I found all this out and on top of it she called the escrow company to try and get information.

Now we have been fully approved through our mortgage company and with Wells Fargo, we are set to sign docs next week and close the following week.  I wrote the old LO an email yesterday letting her know it was extremely unprofessional what she was doing.  Do you think I should have a little chat with her boss after we close or just drop it?  Smiley Indifferent  Has anyone ever had anything like this happen to them??

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: LO Out for Blood!

absolutely complain to the boss.

also complain to the lender licensing agency in your state.

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dallas,

Please reassure me there is nothing she can do at Wells Fargo to jeopardize our loan right? She has yet to email me back and I doubt she will!  My agent is having the listing agent forward the email to us so we can send it on to the necessary party.

Message 3 of 6
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

they CANNOT mess up your loan unless you are committing fraud and they blow the whistle.

Retired Lender
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay whew!  No fraud committed here!  Of course the listing agent called my agent worried that we weren't approved, that threw a wrench into the deal.  However we have full approval and the bank (the house is a short sale) wouldn't have gone any further if we didn't have approval.

I guess it is tough times for the direct lenders, but who would want to go with a 7% rate when you can get 5.875%?!?!  I'm still in shock a grown woman would go running her mouth to try and have the deal fall apart! GRRR

Message 5 of 6
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

get the listing agent to forward that email to you..... use that in your complaints.

we have enough jerks in this business.... maybe we can get rid of this one.

Retired Lender
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.