Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LO says scores aren't accurate

tag
MichiganMommy
Frequent Contributor

LO says scores aren't accurate

My LO said that the scores I am seeing on MyFico are not accurate and that the scores he will pull will likely be 20+ point different.

Is he correct?
Updates scores...inching along. Waiting for 7 recent medical collections to fall off!! (seriously working since END of May): EX 519 TU 576 EQ 449
8-02-08 EX 644 TU 647 EQ 575...650s here I come....700club, get ready!!!
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Dgimple
New Contributor

Re: LO says scores aren't accurate

My experience with the LO I just app'd with at a local mortgage company....

Exp and EQ were exactly the same, TU was higher by 3 points when he pulled it...
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well if he is pulling a different FICO score then yes he is correct.

This site uses "Classic" FICO's not the new '08 formula, and within "classic" FICO's there are several models. In addition there is a less often used NextGen FICO for each bureau.

This site sells:

TU EMPIRICA 98 (for example there is an 04 version that more lenders use)
EX Fair Isaax Risk Model Version 2
EQ BEACON 5.0

Still the behaviors mentioned on here that help raise the scores sold on this site will help raise your other scores as well.
Message 3 of 10
MichiganMommy
Frequent Contributor

Thanks guys. Could there be as much as a 20 point difference. I must be clear that he was indicating that the scores on this site are likely 20 points+ higher than the ones he will get. His point was that I should not pay attention to the scores I see here....
Updates scores...inching along. Waiting for 7 recent medical collections to fall off!! (seriously working since END of May): EX 519 TU 576 EQ 449
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not familiar with NextGen scores or other models, but from people who have had a lender tell them their TU 04 score, it definitely has not been 20 points lower on average. I would even ask your officer - what FICO version are you pulling?
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

MICHIGAN MOMMY~ DH AND I ARE IN THE MARKET FOR A HOME AND OUR LO PULLED OUR CREDIT REPORTS AND THEY WERE THE EXACT SAME SCORES I PURCHASED FROM MYFICO. 
Message 6 of 10
MichiganMommy
Frequent Contributor

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Once I give my LO the okay to move forward, I will post back how close our scores were.....
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

lol, tell him your scores first   and look at his face when he gives you the same scores.....lol
i am eager to see what the simularities are.

Message 8 of 10
renaboo01
New Contributor

I just applied for a FHA loan with Wells. I told the LO my scores before he ran my credit and he was amazed that I all three were right on. So most lenders are still using what we pull here at MyFico. Good luck!!!

Rena
7/31/09- EQ 678,TU 670, EX 677: I did it! I am a homeowner!!!
Message 9 of 10
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

MichiganMommy wrote:
My LO said that the scores I am seeing on MyFico are not accurate and that the scores he will pull will likely be 20+ point different.

Is he correct?

sounds like the LO has a magic sense that we all wish we could have.

pffft.....

yes, they may be 20+ different. and they MAY be exactly the same.

Retired Lender
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.