cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LO told me that my committment letter is in! I know I am supposed to be happy because she

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

LO told me that my committment letter is in! I know I am supposed to be happy because she

congratulated me but what exactely does that mean? I feel so dumb!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: LO told me that my committment letter is in! I know I am supposed to be happy because she

That means you have a full commitment for your loan....you are APPROVED...officially, none of that preapproved crap. LOL.  Now it's up to the house stuff....clear title, appraisal, inspections,etc.  But YOU are good to go.

Congrats!

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: LO told me that my committment letter is in! I know I am supposed to be happy because she

cool, well the inspections are done and everything was ok. He said the apprisial would be done and in our hands by this coming Monday.

I did have some paperwork to track down. He needs updated paystubs and I have to write a letter explaining that the inquires between when I applied and now were all mortgage related and I did not occur any new debt. I also need to write a letter explaining an old, satisfied, judgement but they already new the reasons, they just need it in writing and they told me no big deal.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool. Sounds like things are coming together. I had to write a letter about inquiries, too.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, anyone here who's finalized the process understands! I STILL get momentary panic attacks when I spend an unbudgeted cent, and I CLOSED a month ago! I'm sitting in my new home posting this!

Expect to stay on edge until you actually sign the papers, but don't begrudge yourself a little anticipation and planning while you wait out the game -- get ready for one of life's great experiences (it's not, by the way, OWNING your own home, but planning and executing your own home! For example, in less than a month, this has become MY place! The seller visited today -- and loved it!Smiley Very Happy )

Message Edited by oldhack62 on 03-27-2009 08:34 PM
Message Edited by oldhack62 on 03-27-2009 08:35 PM
Message 5 of 6
GFer
Valued Contributor

WTG, teacherhere and oldhack62! Congrats!!!

EQ 817, EX 815, TU 813 (Updated 1/5/18: TU 843

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.