Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LOE Help!

tag
rngrwalker
Valued Member

LOE Help!

I'm borrowing money (against myself) out of my TSP account which is the equivalent to a 401K  for the downpayment and part of closing costs. I'm supposed to close on Friday but the underwriter just sent me an email asking for a LOE of why I'm getting the money from my TSP. What exactly do I need to write? I'm lost.

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
thisladyz
Regular Contributor

Re: LOE Help!

@rngrwalker wrote:

I'm borrowing money (against myself) out of my TSP account which is the equivalent to a 401K  for the downpayment and part of closing costs. I'm supposed to close on Friday but the underwriter just sent me an email asking for a LOE of why I'm getting the money from my TSP. What exactly do I need to write? I'm lost.

Thanks

Are you taking the real estate loan or the regular loan? If you are taking the real estate one, then just tell them what you are doing that's what that loan is designed for.

-----EQ---- TU---- EX
Nov 2021-- 817-- 817-- 809
Goal-- 800-- 800-- 800
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sometimes the underwriters just need to dot their i's and cross their t's so the letter will protect them if their file is audited. A simple letter should work. You can ask your loan officer for advice as well.
Message 3 of 4
rngrwalker
Valued Member

@thisladyz wrote:

@rngrwalker wrote:

Thanks

Are you taking the real estate loan or the regular loan? If you are taking the real estate one, then just tell them what you are doing that's what that loan is designed for.

Yes, that's what I'm doing.

Thank you!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.