tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOX about inquiries help

I have three recent inquiries on my report I need to explain:

- 1 Kroll Factual Data

-1 primelending

-1 USAA (my cc company)

The Kroll  inquiry was actually pulled by primelending, so I'm not sure why it was done twice by the same company.  It was to rate shop for mortgages.  We didn't end up using them.

The third is the one I'm wondering about.  In pursuit of strengthening my profile and score, I asked my CC company if I was eligible for a limit increase to decrease my utilization ratio. They immediately said yes and raised it by 3k, and assured me if was only a soft pull and no hard inquiry would be done. It was NOT requested to make additional purchases. Clearly they did a hard inquiry despite what they told me.  Do I literally just write what I just did?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: LOX about inquiries help

yes It was to rate shop for mortgages

was eligible for a limit increase but did hp instead of soft pull

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: LOX about inquiries help

I would just write that you requested a CLI to improve your overall credit profile, but you have no intention of utilizing the higher limit as evident by your current balance (at the time the credit report was pulled). Hope this helps!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.