Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTV for new Refi - Cuttin it close

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

LTV for new Refi - Cuttin it close

Hi all -

I have a concern on being over 75% LTV on a refi I am in the midst of and what that might do to the deal. 

I am looking good for approval on a refi for a fixed 15 year at 3.875% no points.  Closing costs $2K.  I have a 785 fico and steady income.  The payoff on the first and second combined is $335 and we are rollign the closing costs in so total $337K.  I think my home is worth $450-$500K.  So at that level I am clear at 75% LTV or better.  There's no way the appraisal goes below $420K into PMI territory but what if it does come in at 78% due to a low appraisal.  Will the bank automatically ask for a higher rate?  Walk away?  Take the loan based on good credit history and my high net worth? 

I am just wonderign if there are options in case my appraisal is not up to expectations.   I am concerned about watching this sink after all the effort to get everything to this stage and eating a $450 appraisal fee.

Thanks!!

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.