Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LandContract help!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

LandContract help!

hello all! Any info or guide would be awesome!
ending 2 year Landcontract. In 2 months my land contract will end, my brother and i are on it, my brother being cosigned. Figuring out late his credit score is not where its suppose to be . (he was suppose to be Rebuilding) so what i was told his income wont be added to mine due to his bad credit, Am I allowed to get another family member /family friend with good credit to be cosigned with me to refinance the mortgage under my name even though this family member or family friend was not on original contract?
is this possible? are their any other ways?
thanks again guys i need any and all inputs!
best regard!
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Lemmus
Established Contributor

Re: LandContract help!

...unless I'm missing something, there just isn't enough info here to give you a fair answer

...what state are you in

...what are the specific terms in the LC that apply to your final purchase

...do I understand correctly that you want to replace the LC with a regular mortgage? ...if so, read the link in my sig "Do I Qualify" and add as much of the needed info as you can here ...but if thats correct then I can't think of any reason another party can't co-sign if your brother agrees and the LC allows it ...hth 

Helpful Links: Do I Qualify? | Mortgage Calculator | USDA Mortgages | Opt Out | FICO Versions
Last HP: 11/04/15 | myFico 3B Jun 10 '15:FICO8 EQ - 752 | TU - 763 | EX - 750
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.