cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landlady sent eviction notice today!

tag
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: Landlady sent eviction notice today!

Worse case but still cost money is to put your things in storage. Stay with family and friends and if thats not possible then rent a hotel room by the week. It will be cheaper in the long run if closing in FEB 2013.
Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 31 of 51
Unique620
Frequent Contributor

Yes I have read the laws in Colardo, but she still did not follow the law. It must be written with a signature from owner. I think she did the email because she is aware of the PO Box, so thats her back up to state you were aware she wanted you out. IF and only IF you do stay, according to your local laws, she has to file and order to evict. Colorado court website states the court date will be set 8-10 business days after the filing. Which would be at minimum February 8, IF she files on the first.When will your house be ready?

Mcu_platinum_cardDiscoverQuicksilverAmazonFreedomSapphirePenFed_Credit_Union_Power_Cash_CardAMEX_BCPDeltaHhiltonAmex_platinumAppleNavy PlatinumCash rewardsNavy Platinum

Message 32 of 51
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Yep that is what our realtor just told us is to rent a PPOD and throw all of our stuff in it and stay in a hotel. That is too much. We can't afford $250/night to stay in a decent hotel. And where will I tow my second car that isn't running??? The builder said that he has never heard of anyone moving in before closing in his 20 year career. So we are screwed and will probably end up in an apartment forever. I doubt I'll ever try to buy a home again. They get you all excited and then nothing. So depressed right now. I can't even think straight.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 33 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

Deep breath and just relax. 

Just repeat: you're not losing your new house. This won't impact your credit. You don't need another rental. Everything will be fine.

The facts, if I'm reading this right, is you haven't even yet rec'd official notice to quit from your landlord. You also said you'd dropped a notice to quit  to the landlord today by the 10th.

We're talking about a disagreement of ten days or less here.

(An aside, but were it me, I'd chill and stop communciating w her via email. Keep everything in writing, through certified mail.)

Even if you get notice to quit in time, and she filed an eviction claim on you on the 1st, and it got scheduled that speedily and you got served that speedily so you still remained in the home by the date of the hearing, and you didn't file to have it delayed if that WAS the case, she'd have to spend money and time and win and REPORT it in order for it to impact your credit report. And it would take even longer to get the sheriffs to enforce it.

You're out the 10th, by the latest. Sooner if you close sooner. The courts do not appreciate landlords filing cases to evict people who have already moved out, or are moving out. Do you see how unlikely this scenario is? Her winning?

If it got that far, all you'd have to do is go to court and show how you had already given notice, had planned to move out (have copies of closing docs) and had paid on time and had paid right up to the date you left, and this was an act of vindictiveness for leaving. But I would bet anything you won't be going to court. Just be out by the 10th and pay your rent as agreed. I seriously wouldn't be losing any sleep over it.

And you said it yourself, you don't have any other options. So really, why get worked up. You gave notice. Pay. Close as soon as you can, and get out as soon as you can. The rest, it will be what it is.

Message 34 of 51
chasmith
Valued Contributor

+1

BK7 Filed 8/11/2009 Discharged 11/23/2009. Purchased new home 4/11/2012
Starting Score:11/16/2009 EQ 566 11/16/2009 TU 538
Interim Score: 12/27/2012 EQ 683 09/17/2012 EX (lender) 670 1/01/2013 TU 701
Current Score: 11/06/2013 EQ 708 11/06/2013 EX 702 11/16/2013 702 11/06/2013 TU 729
Goal Score: EQ 740 EX 740 TU 740
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 35 of 51
bigman023
Frequent Contributor

@MovingForward_2012 wrote:
Yep that is what our realtor just told us is to rent a PPOD and throw all of our stuff in it and stay in a hotel. That is too much. We can't afford $250/night to stay in a decent hotel. And where will I tow my second car that isn't running??? The builder said that he has never heard of anyone moving in before closing in his 20 year career. So we are screwed and will probably end up in an apartment forever. I doubt I'll ever try to buy a home again. They get you all excited and then nothing. So depressed right now. I can't even think straight.

Where are you in CO.  While in Denver for business I stayed at a suprsingly decent Ramada ,North of Denver.  It was just $250 a week.  Looks like it used to be a resort. 

Theres no way I would throw away your deal for this. 

5/2009 EQ-504(FICO), TU98-567(FICO), EX- 503 (FAKO)
10/17/11 EQ-633, TU04-652, EX-681 All lender Pulls
10/17/11 TU98-678
12/21/2012 TU98-677 (39% Util)
01/21/2012 EQ - 661 (37% Util) SW Alert
Message 36 of 51
Unique620
Frequent Contributor

Please do not get depressed! Ok first when is your move in date?

Mcu_platinum_cardDiscoverQuicksilverAmazonFreedomSapphirePenFed_Credit_Union_Power_Cash_CardAMEX_BCPDeltaHhiltonAmex_platinumAppleNavy PlatinumCash rewardsNavy Platinum

Message 37 of 51
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

The house is completely ready. The builders are paying to heat the home and everything but we can't move until we close. I just talked to my realtor today and he told me to sell the car now...this is so unreal. It wasn't supposed to be like this.

They are still processing the loan and we will see where we are in a week. But I can't protect myself if the deal falls through due to my landlord because if I search for a place to rent now, I will have to sign a lease that I can't break to move to the new home.

So it is looking like I am doing nothing but packing and waiting. If I move out before the court date to go in front of the judge and contest an eviction from being filed, will the judge automatically dismiss the eviction because I have moved out already or will the judge still process the eviction because I didn't move out before Jan 31st?

I am trying to calm down really but so paranoid about my credit being ruined and ultimately losing our home.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 38 of 51
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

I should add that we want to have movers reserved for the day after closing so once we hear clear to close and have a closing date, I would call the movers and reserve the move for the day after.
Message 39 of 51
violetsmom
Regular Contributor

I don't understand, why would you go out and rent an apartment when you are talking about 2 weeks max between 1/31 and when you would close on your new house?

Message 40 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.