Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landlord notice - What do u guys think?

tag
xazilizax
New Contributor

Landlord notice - What do u guys think?

So, my loan is being sent to the USDA this week and they are behind by 1 week.  My lease on my rental home ends Aug 31st.  

Do you guys think I should give my landlord notice now that I will be terminating the lease and will move before June 1st?  Also, I was thinking of sending him an email or writing him a letter and giving it to him when I pay May 1st rent.

I'm not sure when to give him notice.  What do you think?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Re: Landlord notice - What do u guys think?

If you can afford to, wait until you close on the house before giving the 30 day notice.

So many things can happen between now and closing.  

Message 2 of 4
Adalen
Frequent Contributor

I agree.

We waited until we had a definite closing date before sending in a 30-day.  We just asked to have it pro-rated for the final month (May).  This could work to your benefit, if they try to charge you for leaving before your lease is up.  It also gives us an extra month to move and clean.

Message 3 of 4
xazilizax
New Contributor

You guys are right.  I will take that advice and wait.  As I mentioned, my lease isn't up until August 31st, so I have a good enough time for moving and cleaning up the rental.  I am required to give a 60 days notice.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.