Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late Mortgage Payment

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Late Mortgage Payment

Hello All,

I have been a guest on this site for quite some time now, i have received a great deal of knowledge; i was able to get my scores to from mid 400's to near 700's... get a house, car, credit cards etc etc.

today i am again in need of this forums help, i am a real estate investor and i am considering refinancing my home. prior to this i had to fight with both cap1 and walmart to get 30 day lates removed to get my scores back up to the 600's. 

Finally afterwards i was able to get a clear to close, only to head another road block... my most recent mort payment (which was 22 days late) bounced and i was unaware (foolish on my part and imbarrising). just 2 days before my refi cash out was to be paid to me and lower rates and PMI i was stopped. seems that they contacted the mort company and was advised that i was late.

Now, i have not yet been reported as late to the Bureau's, i am sure it is coming. is there any way to prevent this from being reported, or can i call and possible plead my case and be giving some leniency? at the moment i have no Late payment on my credit history. i tried, and (it is a small mort company with bad customer svc) had no luck, i get the run around, perhaps because it hasnt been reported yet.

any ideas at all?? thank you all in advance 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Late Mortgage Payment

Did you get your payment to the mortgage co after 22 days but before 30 days late? If so, then it won't be reported on your credit report. Make sure it gets to the mortgage co before 30 days. And if possible pay the next one on or before the due date.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Late Mortgage Payment

By the time I found out the check bounced it was about 45 days. So yes it surpassed the 30 day mark
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.