Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late Mortgage Payments Not Reported

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Late Mortgage Payments Not Reported

I had a mortgage and in 2014 I fell behind on payments and had to do a loan motification to get back on track. I was 120+ days late but never was late on any of the modification payments. Fast forward to 2016 and the mortgage company  never reported any of the late payments. It shows I was never late on any payments. I recently sold the house last month because I am in the process of buying a new home. Should I be concerned the late payments will all of sudden show up since the mortgage in closed out? Has anyone ever had this happen? I am about 2 months from closing on my new home and it worries me a bit. Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Late Mortgage Payments Not Reported

Sounds like you were lucky. Go with it Smiley Tongue

Message 2 of 4
the_heat_love
Established Member

^^^ Yes very lucky!! Wouldn't stress over something that "could" happen! Process is stressful enough! LOL
Message 3 of 4
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Indeed, I got 66.7% lucky on a stupid late report on a tradeline personally so I'll take that as a big win too.

Anyway in general, once you close a line the last activity date usually becomes fixed and no further updates are made unless you do something to poke the bear which would seriously not be recommended in this case. Smiley Happy

        
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.