Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late mortgage payments in Trans Union

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Late mortgage payments in Trans Union

I am in the process of getting a mortgage (hopefully) after a rough divorce.When the mtg co pulled my reports they said I had 6 lates for my 2nd mtg with City National Bank on TransUnion (but not on exp of eqf) I pulled out my box of bank statements from that period which was right after my husband left.I have cancelled checks from the bank that are all processed as on time (or 2 within 10 day grace period)

I called City National and they confirmed on the phone that payments had been made on those dates.I asked for them to remove them off transunion and they said they couldn't without a letter requesting this and proof that they were paid on time (duh they just looked it up and confirmed it to me themselves)

I tried writing transunion asking them to be removed and they said could only be removed by original reporter.

In the meantime it is holding up my mortgage approval.I sent a copy of the cancelled checks and a letter to the LO but she needs them removed from TU.

Any suggestions to get this done quickly.

thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Late mortgage payments in Trans Union

Call the bank and speak to someone with authority and tell them your situation and get their fax number to fax them your proof.  Tell them that this needs to be rectified asap and that failure to do so or if this causes you to be denied your mortgage, you will be contacting your attorney.  The bank can contact tu that day to update their data.  Have the bank take care of it and dont dispute it as any disputes made on your credit report must be resolved before a mortgage can get approved
Message 2 of 4
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

have lender do a rapid rescore.

get a ledger of payments from cnb and they can gt the report updated. simple as that

Retired Lender
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all for your help.I will see what happens in the next week.I really wish I knew though how they even got reported as late when cnb themselves say they were on time.And why on one CB but not the other two.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.