cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lates from Ex's CC tanked my score. Will. Not. Panic.

tag
thankfulheart
Established Contributor

Lates from Ex's CC tanked my score. Will. Not. Panic.

I guess I was an AU on a Chase card that randomly decided to start reporting this month that there were lates in Apr/May of this year. My FICO dropped 30 points. Thank heavens for ScoreWatch and Chase's credit bureau resolution department.  I called and they are removing me, but it could take 3-5 business days.  Trouble is, I'm due for a last credit pull for my mortgage in that same timeframe!  What are the odds that it would just suddenly show up like that? Really??? Smiley Frustrated

Starting Score: 10/1/2011 EQ 568 TU 593
Current Score: EQ 664 TU 700 EX 701 (FAKO)

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Lates from Ex's CC tanked my score. Will. Not. Panic.

@thankfulheart wrote:

I guess I was an AU on a Chase card that randomly decided to start reporting this month that there were lates in Apr/May of this year. My FICO dropped 30 points. Thank heavens for ScoreWatch and Chase's credit bureau resolution department.  I called and they are removing me, but it could take 3-5 business days.  Trouble is, I'm due for a last credit pull for my mortgage in that same timeframe!  What are the odds that it would just suddenly show up like that? Really??? Smiley Frustrated

Well, I have a theory about that...

I know that creditors subscribe to the CRA's for various types of "lists" of activity by consumers. For example, one of the lists of which I am aware is the list of people that have filed bankruptcy. So the creditors get these updates periodically (daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly...whatever).

My theory is if they get these automatic updates of bankruptcy filings, then they can get automatic updates for any type of inquiry like a mortgage inquiry. If the creditor is a collector, then that's when they suddenly add a collection to your account if they find a match in their database. Same thing for late pays.

I hope someone on here can enlighten us about this theory...someone in that sector of the business.

PS...I know that the various CRA's sell the lists because when you make a mortgage app they will sell your name, SS etc to various other mortgage brokers/lenders as a mortgage lead. What I don't know is how many different types of lists there are that they sell. Or what other types of info they sell...suffice it to say that if it's on your report, they (the CRA's) have figured out a way to generate revenue from it.

Message 2 of 3
beb86
Valued Contributor

Re: Lates from Ex's CC tanked my score. Will. Not. Panic.

i think you should be fine since most lenders dont count an AU account for you...since it not your own account and doesnt give an indication of your credit history

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.