New Visitor
jzaborow

Legal changes to Good Faith Estimate

Can the "initial loan amount" be changed in the good faith estimate once a refi has gone into underwriting?

I know there are sections of the GFE that cannot change and some that can.  I am currently in underwriting and my lender called to say they screwed up.  They can no longer give me a $5000 credit they thought I qualified for and in order for the refi to be a no cost closing, they have to tack $5000 onto the original loan amount.  I looked if they can legally do this.  Obviously, I am looking for a loophole because I feel duped.  All along I really wanted the initial loan amount not to go up and now they changed the story. 

Does anyone have a yes no answer?  I have looked so many places online and nothing about the initial loan amount.

Senior Contributor
Booner72

Re: Legal changes to Good Faith Estimate

If they won't give you the money, they won't give you the money, and there isn't a legal way to make them do it.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+