Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lender FICO much different

tag
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

Re: Lender FICO much different

i've found that my mortgage scores run about 20 pts lower than FICO 8.  it's not unsual unfortunately.

AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 11 of 13
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

@frugalQ wrote:

i think you have to buy the individual reports seperately to get your mortgage FICO scores.  From my understanding, only the Equifax scorewatch product gives you the actual mortgage version.  The other two scorewatch/identity products only give you FICO 8.

myfico did a great thing by providing mortgage scores to consumers, but they definitely made a point to make as much $$ off of it as possible.  

Thank you. Guess I will not be able to verify why the lender FICO is so low. With the middle score they used and the lowest FICO I have been able to find/purchase (myfico 3 bureau report inluded), having such a wide gap must be the nature of the business. Thanks again.

The lender has to supply the scores to you. There is a regular disclosure form for that. Have him show you what he was looking at and they should match what you pulled here - unless there was a change in your report from the date he pulled your scores to the date you pulled the 3B report here for the mortgage scores.

Were you on the loan yourself or do you have a co-borrower? The lowest mid score of any borrower on the loan is used.

Message 12 of 13
TimeToRecover
Established Contributor

Hello,

Did you ask the lender to not only tell you your scores but send you the copy of your reports.  They should provide a copy to you of your trimerge report.    There should be no guessing to it.  

I wouldn't work with a lender that isn't willing to give me my scores and copy of my reports..  But that is just my opinion.

Starting Score: 570 ish
Current Score:EX (701) EQ (711) TU (705)
Goal Score: 750
In My Wallet: GE Care Credit (8K) BestBuy (6K) BofA Cash Rewards Signature Visa (7K) Cap One Quicksilver (10.5K) Chase Freedom (4K) Lowes (6K) VS Angel Card (2.4K), Macys (4K)
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.