Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lender Relationship

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lender Relationship

I received my pre-approval letter through a lender a realtor is partnering.  I am really not happy with the services of the real estate agent.  He isn't responsive, he acts as if I somewhat bother him and I haven't met him yet or no contract was signed.  Since the lender was a referral by the agent do I have to use his services to find my home?  I rather work with my own real estate agent but I don't want to mess up the pre-approval process.

2 REPLIES 2
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Lender Relationship

@Anonymous wrote:

I received my pre-approval letter through a lender a realtor is partnering.  I am really not happy with the services of the real estate agent.  He isn't responsive, he acts as if I somewhat bother him and I haven't met him yet or no contract was signed.  Since the lender was a referral by the agent do I have to use his services to find my home?  I rather work with my own real estate agent but I don't want to mess up the pre-approval process.

No, you don't have to use his services. If you are unhappy - find another Realtor that will work with you the way you want. You are the consumer. You get to choose which Realtor you will work with...even if you continue with the lender that was referred to you by that Realtor. 

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lender Relationship

Thanks for confirming.  I am new to this and definitely don't need anyone to make me feel stressed when searching for a new home.  He is the worst!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.