Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lender Simulator?

tag
anca21bi
Frequent Contributor

Lender Simulator?

Has anybody used one and they worked to bring your scores up? I applied for a 0 down payment program yesterday and my lender said my fico was close to approval for the program. He told me he would run a simulator to see what to do to get my scores up. Every time I did the simulator here I never got the expected results. So I was just wondering if anybody got expected results from a lender.
Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
onrails

Re: Lender Simulator?

Well, I'm in the process of doing the same thing so I'll let you know how it works.  From what I am told though it is very accurate.  Like within a few points accurate.  What they have access to is much more sophisticated (and propritery).

Message 2 of 28
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

It is called a credit simulator. A computer program that uses the data in your credit report to compare possible effects on credit scores for various scenarios. For example, the operator can input payment data for selected tradelines and the program will responded with a "predicted" outcome. It is best used to determine the most effective use of available funds. Essentially the program is being asked questions like "What impact on the scores will paying down a tradeline by $100 have?"

Message 3 of 28
Mysticuno
Contributor

Same as @Onrails I recently had the lender do a score simulation and will let you know if I make it to the estimated pt increase. My understanding from a few others before purchasing was that it is very accurate. Will keep you posted.

Current Score: EFX 645, XPN 680, TU 725
Message 4 of 28
n0smirc
Regular Contributor

I keep hearing that it's very accurate - I believe this is an example of one and what it can do:

http://www.creditxpert.com/Products/wis.asp

Message 5 of 28
BrianB_The_Loan_Professor
Valued Contributor

In my experience they are very close to spot on in most cases

Good Luck

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Brian B The Loan Professor
Mortgage Banker - offering FHA, VA, USDA , and Conventional mortgages in all 50 states -

If I do not respond to a follow up question please feel free to contact me directly
Message 6 of 28
anca21bi
Frequent Contributor

Thanks everyone for the response, I think it is being completed tomorrow or Monday. I will keep every posted.

Message 7 of 28
onrails

Just thought I'd update this thread.  My lender repulled my scores yesterday and the predicted increase by the simulator was exactly right to the point.  So in my experience they are very accurate!  Smiley Happy

Middle score went from 678 to 735!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 28
Mysticuno
Contributor

@Onrails Congrats that's awesome! I have even more faith now when my lender repulls later this month. Thanks for the update and best of luck.

Current Score: EFX 645, XPN 680, TU 725
Message 9 of 28
Chitwngrl
New Contributor

Anyone else have experience with lender's score  simulator? My lender predicts +20 on my mid. Is it accurate?

Starting Score:EQ 653, TU 612, EX 618 (pulled by Mort Broker)
Current Score:EX643TU637EQ659
Goal Score: 700's

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.